Value of: Calgary- Sens (Duchene to Flames)

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Dont know if he would be our first center, but would love to have him or Stone.

I would give up a ton, but if you guys took Neal at 1m retained per season i would give you guys a megaton.

Like 2 1sts, and dube or Mangiapane.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I think that is a fair offer but I don't see the sens taking on Salary
So you wouldnt do,
Duchene for 2019 1st, 2020 1st, Dube and Neal at 4.5?

This would be all only possible if we had a deal in place with Duchene upon arriving.

GoGoSens

Oct 27, 2017
No I am just saying I can't see the Sens taking on a long contract like Neal has.

GoGoSens

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure where the sens stand on taking on Salary, Melnyk is just a weird owner to me.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
The Sens are going to need some salary to hit the floor are they not?
If they keep Stone and pay him 8.5 and trade off Duchene they will need some salary back I would think ... Ryan makes around 7 ... Anderson may get traded ... not too much in the way of big salaries on the team to help hit the floor.
So two 1st's, Neal -1M and Dube/Mangiapane may be in the ballpark.
Though I'm not sure about Neal in the fit in chemistry department.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
How does anyone think duchene is better than Monahan. Duchene is great and I would love him as our 2nd center but monahan is younger, has a better two way game, and had been on pace with duchene numbers wise and is on pace this year to shatter anything duchene has done. And it's clear who is the bigger leader, and who has the better attitude. I live in Ottawa but am a flames fan so I see alot of both teams.... Also maybe a tad bit of bias with the username lol

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Would be crazy having Monahan, Lindholm, duchene, Backlund, Janks, Ryan, and Bennet all.able to play as top 9 centers though I must admit. I feel like with our center depth stone is the better target, and a tkchuck-backlund-stone second line would be so good both ways.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Dont know if he would be our first center, but would love to have him or Stone.

I would give up a ton, but if you guys took Neal at 1m retained per season i would give you guys a megaton.

Like 2 1sts, and dube or Mangiapane.
I wouldn’t consider that a ton. Let alone a megaton.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Duchene is clearly better than Mohanan and a very big upgrade

You know a thread is going to go well when the person who started the thread makes a post like this as the fourth response.

Flames fans seem to be more laid back than other fan bases on here which is the only reason this already hasn't gone bad.

GoGoSens

Oct 27, 2017
And nah Mohanan is a product of Gadreau its not like he puts up shattering numbers away from him

To me Mohanan is the new Brendan Morrison a good complimentary player

but hes not capable of carrying a line.

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Duchene is a problem player that we don’t need corrupting our team. Monahan is easily the better and more valuable player of the two, we don’t need Duchene for our first line.

BCgyFan

Jul 21, 2014
Duchene is a problem player that we don’t need corrupting our team. Monahan is easily the better and more valuable player of the two, we don’t need Duchene for our first line.

I agree Monahan has great chemistry with Gaudreau that line shouldn't be broken up. We should target a upgrade at center for the second line.

I think a bigger center that plays a cycling game should be our target. Tkachuks playstyle would mesh a lot better than with a rush center like Duchene. Then we can have a
Bennet - Backlund - frolik third line to shut down teams.

We would need to trade Neal to be able to resign him as well. Then the trade would he getting expensive. Maybe send a first and a prospect if we are just looking at him as a rental.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mike Stone (Marks brother, cap reasons) + 2019 first + Andrew Mangiapane + Austin Czarnik (good player just hasn’t fit in)

For

Matt Duchene

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Mike Stone (Marks brother, cap reasons) + 2019 first + Andrew Mangiapane + Austin Czarnik (good player just hasn’t fit in)

For

Matt Duchene

Would upgrade mangiapane to dube if they wanted too.

Gaudreau-monahan-lindholm
Tkachuk-duchene-neal
Bennett-backlund-frolik
Hathaway-jankowski-ryan

Nice and deep for a run. Gives tkachuk an opportunity with more offensive players.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And nah Mohanan is a product of Gadreau its not like he puts up shattering numbers away from him

To me Mohanan is the new Brendan Morrison a good complimentary player

but hes not capable of carrying a line.

And Duchene carries the Sens where?

Yeah right to the bottom....big headache and losing follows him everywhere.

Unless he comes cheap, no thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad