Dallas

Oh wait.

woo hoo...we are the front runner for the Nolan Patrick sweepstake

Cant wait till next June :sarcasm:

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Well, glad that's over. Hopefully we figure out our issues in practice. Too many penalties, not enough scoring.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hopefully "start playing after we're down 3-0" is something Gulutzan takes out of the playbook after this one. Maybe they can use the extra space in the playbook for a powerplay strategy or two. :dunno:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I thought the Flames were the significantly better team after about the 10 minute mark of the second period. They played fairly encouraging hockey from that point on. But it's just not acceptable for it to take that long to flip the switch. They literally had zero chances for half a hockey game.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I thought the Flames were the significantly better team after about the 10 minute mark of the second period. They played fairly encouraging hockey from that point on. But it's just not acceptable for it to take that long to flip the switch. They literally had zero chances for half a hockey game.

I have the same thought. Only in the first game of the season have they been able to put up more than 0.5 xG (all situations) in the first half of the 2nd. They come out super flat and lose whatever control they had of the game.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I actually thought the Flames came out decently enough tonight. Out of the gate, they were skating well and looking like they might get some chances. But then TT scored and it seemed like they lose all desire to try until Brouwer scored later on.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I have to ask though, when did we become SO BAD at clearing the zone? Seems like every chance to clear the zone was fanned, whiffed, or taken away by the other team working harder. Brodie in particular a huge culprit of those.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I feel like we don't know what system to play, and we're just going out and making boneheaded decisions.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I feel like we don't know what system to play, and we're just going out and making boneheaded decisions.

We start with Gully's puck control and shots system, when it doesn't immediately work, we panic and get blasted, and in the 3rd we revert to run n gun stretch passing and try to get back in it.

We started good, but we needed Elliott to make some key saves to keep the momentum going, after that, we needed to not fold like a cheap suit after we got scored on. Every. ****ing. Game. Matters. If we ever pull it together, this starting stretch is going to haunt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad