Nov 10, 2008
In the off-season:

To Philly:
Johnny Gaudreau
Oliver Kylington

To Calgary:
Travis Konecny
Travis Sanheim

Gaudreau may need a change soon and Konecny has a lot of potential but still hasn't been a PPG player. Travis Sanheim can be a good replacement if the Flames lose Hamonic while Kylington is already an NHL player as well.

Thoughts? Does one team need to add a lot more?

Last edited:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
In the off-season:

To Philly:
Johnny Gaudreau
Oliver Kylington

To Calgary:
Travis Konecny
Travis Sanheim

Gaudreau may need a change soon and Konecny has a lot of potential but still hasn't been a PPG player. Travis Sanheim can be a good replacement if the Flames lose Hamonic while Kylington is already an NHL player as well.

I would hazard a guess and say this is bad for Calgary.

Keenan87

Nov 10, 2008
Fair enough.. however, fans of both teams saying "no" is usually a sign that the value is there.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
In the off-season:

To Philly:
Johnny Gaudreau
Oliver Kylington

To Calgary:
Travis Konecny
Travis Sanheim

It's close but neither team does it

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Value is there, just don't think Konecny is a guy you trade when building toward a title even for Gaudreau.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I don’t think we can give up on a guy like Gaudreau. As useless as he’s been this year I am a firm believer he’s a top 5-10 talent and a guy that can take over a game at will.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I don’t think we can give up on a guy like Gaudreau. As useless as he’s been this year I am a firm believer he’s a top 5-10 talent and a guy that can take over a game at will.

This 100 times.

Yes super frustrating season for not only him but the team in general. It’s not like he said the only one with sub par play. He was a near 100 point player last season and near PPG career wise.

Just no.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Flyers say no

But it's 2020 now, it's time to do the right thing. Keeping Gaudreau when he's a Flyers fan at heart is very unprofessional.

I think Robert Hagg is a Calgary fan, solid hockey trade

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flyers say no

But it's 2020 now, it's time to do the right thing. Keeping Gaudreau when he's a Flyers fan at heart is very unprofessional.

I think Robert Hagg is a Calgary fan, solid hockey trade
???

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers will keep the cheaper, younger player signed longer and a better PPG this year in the forward comparison, and the better Dman.

Just no need to trade away the long term security that Konecny's deal looks to be, and have to worry about signing JD to a big deal in 2 years when we will have Couts and G becoming UFA's as well.

Just not a fit given the cost.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Why would Calgary do this again. They're giving up a way superior player for a guy that has never busted 50 points Gaudreau is having a bad seasons but he's a top winger in this league.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why would Calgary do this again. They're giving up a way superior player for a guy that has never busted 50 points Gaudreau is having a bad seasons but he's a top winger in this league.
Should we ignore that TK is 22?

At the same age, Gaudreau had a 64 point season in his past....but look where they came: 43 at ES, 21 on the PP. Konecny has had 43 and 41 ES scoring seasons. The big divide is the PP....TK hasn't gotten top PP time due to Giroux, Jake, etc.. having those spots. This year, he HAS been getting some top PP time...and has 13 PP points in 37 games...he had 8 last year, 3 the year before that, and 4 as a rookie.

Sometimes, people just need to look deeper into point totals and sometimes, it's about opportunity.

And at 22 JD had 78 points....TK is on pace for 78 this year at age 22.

Context matters. It would be like me saying the Flyers are not trading a kid on pace for a 78 points for a guy who might only be a 60 point guy from now on.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
We love our travis’s too much to make this deal

So you guys think the deal is a Travisty? :naughty:

And come on Flyers fans. Gio isn't going to be young forever. We need someone to take on his mantle. What better way to transition from Mark Kneeordano than a kid whose name sounds like, "Connect Knee"? Can't you guys do us that type of solid after we handed you guys like Zamula and Myers for free? :sarcasm:

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
So you guys think the deal is a Travisty? :naughty:

And come on Flyers fans. Gio isn't going to be young forever. We need someone to take on his mantle. What better way to transition from Mark Kneeordano than a kid whose name sounds like, "Connect Knee"? Can't you guys do us that type of solid after we handed you guys like Zamula and Myers for free? :sarcasm:
This post. A lot of thought and effort went into it.

Reactions: Fig

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
In the off-season:

To Philly:
Johnny Gaudreau
Oliver Kylington

To Calgary:
Travis Konecny
Travis Sanheim

Tired of Gaudreau too the Flyers proposals, It's NOT happening. Go ask the million people, who kept spreading the Bobby Ryan rumors to his hometown flyers, how that worked out. Guarantee you he'll never be in a flyers sweater , maybe until he's a declined player barely hanging on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad