GDT: Calgary Flames vs Vancouver Canucks ayyyyy

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Tough loss, we really should've had that one.

Wotherspoon looked great tonight though, eh?

Wotherspoon looked very impressive. What talent and smarts he has. Man, it seemed like he could cover so much of the defensive zone

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Bouma, Wotherspoon, Giordano, Colborne, Monahan, Brodie, Ortio played well. The rookies were worse than their last couple nights. Bouma's a ****ing warrior. McGrattan with the goal scorer's goal

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Bouma, Wotherspoon, Giordano, Colborne, Monahan, Brodie, Ortio played well. The rookies were worse than their last couple nights. Bouma's a ****ing warrior. McGrattan with the goal scorer's goal

Ya but 3/4 of the guys you mentioned will bust :sarcasm:

It's really exciting to see such positive signs/depth in the first year of the rebuild!!!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I hope as the Flames get better they can get away from all of this shot blocking. Too hard on the body to do all season.

The whole league is moving in this direction. Coach's naturally tighten things up as the game evolves. The league needs to ensure players are protected.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Some coaches do not want shot blocking. Sometimes the best thing to do is get out of the way and let the goalie get a good look at the shot. Keenan was like that.

When Glen Sather was the coach of the Oilers he would actually practice shot blocking. (with tennis balls)

Myself, I think the best thing is when other teams are laying in front of the Flames shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad