GDT: Calgary Flames @ Colorado Avalanche

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
When did he say this I didn't hear him say it in his interview.

If it is true I would say that Iginla,Stempniak,Gio,and Kipper are the most likely to go.

When the interviewed him they asked him if there is more to come after missing on O'Reilly and he sounded like there will be more moves.

No we are 26th and I think Barkov is the guy we will target.

Ur right they're 26th I was looking at non-updated standings and tried to do the math.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
When the interviewed him they asked him if there is more to come after missing on O'Reilly and he sounded like there will be more moves.

Ur right they're 26th I was looking at non-updated standings and tried to do the math.

I didn't get that impression, I felt like he was saying they were considering their options more than anything.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I just want to tank this season it looks like everyone out there is trying their hardest yet we still lose...So it shouldn't be that hard to tank. I'm not sure if ROR is worth that 1st and 3rd IF it was traded I would rather trade it to a team that will trade a TRUE #1 center.. Thoughts on B Richards? I know the Rangers fans aren't happy with him maybe we can get him, I know we were after him in the summer but lost.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I just want to tank this season it looks like everyone out there is trying their hardest yet we still lose...So it shouldn't be that hard to tank. I'm not sure if ROR is worth that 1st and 3rd IF it was traded I would rather trade it to a team that will trade a TRUE #1 center.. Thoughts on B Richards? I know the Rangers fans aren't happy with him maybe we can get him, I know we were after him in the summer but lost.

HOLY **** NO! They can keep that contract I refuse to be Montreal 2.0

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I didn't get that impression, I felt like he was saying they were considering their options more than anything.

Just so we're on the same page, ur talking about his interview after the 2nd period right? He seemed more optimistic in trading to improve this team rather then trading for future assets. Although I like a point that he mentioned when he said ownership backed him up completely on the O'Reilly move.. Hopefully they will also back him up if he tells them they need to sell come trade deadline.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Just so we're on the same page, ur talking about his interview after the 2nd period right? He seemed more optimistic in trading to improve this team rather then trading for future assets. Although I like a point that he mentioned when he said ownership backed him up completely on the O'Reilly move.. Hopefully they will also back him up if he tells them they need to sell come trade deadline.

Yea the interview when they asked him about Colorado matching the offer sheet.

I think we will see a move to get younger with Iginla leaving a Kipper leaving if Ramo comes over. I think we will also see Stempniak,Butler,Sarich,Smith,Comeau,Jackman moved for what ever they are worth. Perhaps Gio is moved if we get a young top 4 defensemen and a pick/prospect back as well.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Yea the interview when they asked him about Colorado matching the offer sheet.

I think we will see a move to get younger with Iginla leaving a Kipper leaving if Ramo comes over. I think we will also see Stempniak,Butler,Sarich,Smith,Comeau,Jackman moved for what ever they are worth. Perhaps Gio is moved if we get a young top 4 defensemen and a pick/prospect back as well.

That fact that they tried to get O'Reilly does show that they aren't trading away the future for success now considering he's 22. So the move makes sense since it makes them better now and in the future but at the same time it leaves no indication that he plans to rebuild. But if things keep playing out like this, and the trend so far this season shows that it will.. I hope management has a nice conversation with ownership to start considering a committed rebuild even if it means giving up guys like Iggy.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Another opportunity for the Flames to move past 0.500 (which as someone else on his forum calculated, isn't even a true indication of average play - the real number is 0.560) and they squander it. There's no reason for anyone to still believe this team can magically turn things around and streak into the playoffs.

Please Feaster, don't trade that 1st. :help:

A thousand times this.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I have a bad feeling about this pick. If he doesn't trade it this season, I fear Feaster will trade down at the draft. Just the Flames thing to do. We'll be in a position to draft Drouin or Barkov and he'll trade it down to 15 or something ridiculous for a guy like Stephen Weiss or Mikhail Grabovski.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I have a bad feeling about this pick. If he doesn't trade it this season, I fear Feaster will trade down at the draft. Just the Flames thing to do. We'll be in a position to draft Drouin or Barkov and he'll trade it down to 15 or something ridiculous for a guy like Stephen Weiss or Mikhail Grabovski.

I'd probably break my TV if that happens.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
please stop with the melodramatic BS.

Feaster has given no us no reason to believe he will make a horrible trade.

weephil56

Feb 28, 2013
Belfast
Blow a 3-0 lead dont land a good center pretty ****** night for the flames. Hopefully they realise this team aint good enough and start the rebuild cause that was painful.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
This is it for me, blowing a 3-0 lead is pathetic. I love the flames, but big changes better be on the way. Our owners are delusional. The failed offer sheet should be a wake up call. There is no easy way to land a kid like ROR, you have to draft and develop him yourself.

Iggy, cammy, and kipper, would be my picks to see the door.

I really like Hartley as a coach so far. But damn, let Baertschi utilize his talents on the pp. what a ****ing waste, our pp was pathetic again!

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Hopefully Sven kills it like Seguin next year or this franchise is doomed.

The most promising prospect we've had in a long time and he's stuck behind the vets

It's a waste playing him 6 minutes a night, might as well send him to the AHL and have him play 20

TylerSVT*

Glencross needs to go, but with a NTC i cant see him going anywhere until he is a UFA.

I would LOVE to get rid of Gio, guy has the most value on our team IMO, he has not been playing good. But once again. NTC...

I have a really bad feeling that all of our NTC/NMC are going to hamper a rebuild.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Hopefully Sven kills it like Seguin next year or this franchise is doomed.

The most promising prospect we've had in a long time and he's stuck behind the vets

It's a waste playing him 6 minutes a night, might as well send him to the AHL and have him play 20

This. He needs to be getting PP time, and play with better players.

Begin and Aliu aren't good linemates for Sven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad