GDT: Calgary Flames (2-1-1) @ Columbus Blue Jackets (1-2-0), 5:00 PM MT, Sportsnet One

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
1697851844033.gif

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I like that they pushed hard towards the end. But this team just lacks chemistry and high-end talent

Not to lament the past, but seriously, the chemistry of Hudler/Monahan/Gaudreau and then Lindy/Monahan/Gaudreau (Tkachuk) was some of the best I've ever seen since this club's inception. Then to see nothing that even comes close to resembling chemistry in the last year and a is tough to stomach.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
just that kinda game I guess

Played well enough to win, but lost. The passing was turrible. So many passes into skates.
Score a powerplay goal and you win this game. Really can't be dropping points to teams like Columbus.

Defense all looked tired and a step slow except Gilbert.
Huberdeau and Kadri couldn’t make a simple pass. That’s why they lost.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Huberdeau and Kadri couldn’t make a simple pass. That’s why they lost.

Yup. Huska needs to bag skate them both into the ground if they attempt another saucer pass over a sprawling dman.

maybe later in the season when your timing and touch is dialed in you can do that but for now just rip it low on net to score or for a rebound. Simplify.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
yeah and you geniuses said the same about Bouwmeester when he was here. you were wrong then, probably still wrong now.
Interestingly, I heard Mike Johnson talking about exactly this phenomenon this morning on NHL radio. He was talking about Ryan Nugent-Hopkins at the time, but his point was basically this: basically every NHLer is giving 100% effort 100% of the time, and to think otherwise is foolish (keep in mind this guy played in the NHL and has no reason to lie).

But he said that certain guys like RNH have a posture that makes them look low-intensity even at their most intense moments. Guys like Brandon Tanev can look like they are trying a billion times harder while doing the same shit just due to skating style and how they have been trained/not trained to get the most out of their respective bodies.

I think I used to fall victim to this a lot with Dougie Hamilton. At the time, I always felt like Kris Russell was a better defenceman in spite of everything kind of saying the opposite. I think a lot of it came down to Russell looking more intense while Hamilton skated... not unlike a deer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad