GDT: Calgary Flames (13-11-6) VS St Louis Blues (14-15-1) 7pm MT

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Seriously can't remember the last time Markstrom won a game. Constantly the 2nd best goalie on the ice.

Terrible game. No chemistry, no cohesion.
These guys need to take a hard look in the mirror. Pathetic out there.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I mean if any of you are degenerates it's a great year to fade the flames. Blues were +192 today. We're constantly overvalued. We're now 8-11-6 since our 5-1 franchise best start. We're a bottom third club w a very high ceiling. We're just chilling in the basement rn.

Reactions: Tofveve

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Neutral fan here, I was very hopeful and excited for flames fans going into the season, what is happening? i don’t watch flames games as I don’t get them often, but if flames fans could tell me the top 3 concerns to give me insight…
1. They can't score
2. They can't stop a puck.
3. They suck.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We are definitely missing a core dude or two. This is like a team of complimentary pieces. As much as I love Backs he's probably best suited as a #2/#3 centre (which he's been his whole career and is now) assistant captain.

I really hope we can look back at this as our dark days in a position where our team is excelling miraculously. Need some key pieces to be brought in or some of these guys need to find a whole other level. Dunno. Doesn't look good right now.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
We are definitely missing a core dude or two. This is like a team of complimentary pieces. As much as I love Backs he's probably best suited as a #2/#3 centre (which he's been his whole career and is now) assistant captain.

I really hope we can look back at this as our dark days in a position where our team is excelling miraculously. Need some key pieces to be brought in or some of these guys need to find a whole other level. Dunno. Doesn't look good right now.
We are totally up against the cap next year and that's with lucic off the books, this is as good as it gets

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Ruzicka 10 mins of ice time, Lucic 14

I don't care how many cups did Kopitar Quick and Doughty won, but get this senile farmer out of here.

Yeah that is not f***ing good.

When I joke adnauseum about looch lumbering around and needing to have both hands taped to his stick so he doesn't one hand it the whole game those aren't compliments. No amount of back muscles will overcome Inability to bend at the waist. Bet he can hardly breathe while tying his skates.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Well gang, that was fun. Think I'm going to turn on the Playstation 5 and play some games and have a couple of cold ones. Anyone on playstation, add me as a friend PSN : Whahoppen
Cheers gang, have a good night, we'll do it again next game.

I'm a few in already and would join you if I gamed. Maybe I need to pick that up lol.

Reactions: Boomstick

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I mean I don't think he's at fault for everything but what's the justification for playing Lucic so much rn in a game where we need goals?

He isn't my top choice but it isn't like we have quality sitting on the bench, in the pressbox or in the minors.

The fact people are clamouring for more Ruzicka and Phillips shows how crap the talent level is on the team and organization overall.

We can change the coach and make many people happy but that does nothing to fix the fundamental problem with this team and that is the roster is not close to good enough.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
So basically everyone on the team is grossly underperforming

But tell me again how it's not coaching :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nazem Kadri is on pace to match his usual total outside of last season which is a major outlier in his career, Elias Lindholm outperfomring any non-Gaudreau season he has had at the NHL level, Mangipane exceeding any season outside of his outlier season last year, Dube on pace to break his career high, Backlund in line to match his usual point total, Ruzicka destroying any expectations anyone could have for him, Toffoli on pace for his usual output, Andersson on a similar pace to last year which was by far a career year.

Doesn't really seem like every is grossly underperforming at all unless you take their career best outliers as the expectation for what they will produce which is insane.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lucic 14 minutes of ice time.

Glad I missed this. Wonder why sutter shouldn’t be fired. Because clout and 2004.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I disagree regarding effort. They look like they are trying very hard. They just aren't difficult to play against.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
What I really love about good coaching is that, when the team has just surrendered two back-breaking goals to make it a 3 goal game late with almost no hope of mounting a comeback, you still don't play your young players. Ruzicka and Zohorna surely have nothing they could benefit from by playing a couple shifts in a game that quickly turned into nothing--having Lucic run around and do nothing is surely more valuable.

It's one thing if the players just aren't good enough, but it's possible for a great NHL coach to make a team play above their expectations. Sutter either has the team playing low-event hockey that needs a star to break the mold without a star, or his message is completely lost on the players since the end result is boring hockey that lacks structured rush chance generation.

It seriously makes me wonder if the Sutter comments on Huberdeau have spiralled things out of control to this point. Team comes on strong at 5-1, then Markstrom lets in a softy against a rival, Sutter downplays Huberdeau trying to warrior tough it out and play through injury, and things just sink from there. There was the report at the time that Huberdeau wasn't a fan of that. Did Sutter come into the season thinking the same way he got Gaudreau and Tkachuk to function in a contract year with constantly downplaying them would be the same way to get a new player trying to make a splash motivated? Cause if so, it feels kind of obvious that, after championing Monahan playing through injury, making any form of mockery for your new star player to do the same thing doesn't seem likely to go over well.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
LOL imagine watching this game and blaming the coach.

I guess when you have a pathetic agenda you have to stay in brand no matter how stupid it is.
This team does not have enough talent and lets be honest Sutter's style does not mix well with this group. So yeah time to change the coach. Coming from a neutral fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad