GDT: Calgary Flames (13-11-6) VS St Louis Blues (14-15-1) 7pm MT

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
This team does not have enough talent and lets be honest Sutter's style does not mix well with this group. So yeah time to change the coach. Coming from a neutral fan.

Sure change the coach, it isn't like I think Sutter has done such a great job he is untouchable, but anyone that thinks changing the coach does anything but rearrange the chairs on the titanic is going to be very disappointed when nothing changes under the new coach.

Talent is the problem not coaching.

Reactions: Boomstick and DFF

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah Sutter is just another coach that failed. He is not the main problem. The team lacks a star level forward to carry the team, a 1D and have an inconsistent #1 goalie if not outright bad some times

Huberdeau has been a huge disappointment. Kadri and Lindholm are secondary players if anything. They can not be relied to carry this team. On top of that the depth is pathetic.

Time for Treliving to go again

Reactions: Tofveve

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
His contract is up this year and there hasn’t been any rumors of him signing an extension. So there’s a good chance he walks

As long as Sutter doesn't end up as GM again I'm so ready for Treliving to be gone. 9 years is too long of a tenure for a guy whose team has achieved basically nothing and sucks every other year.

I think he should have been let go a couple years ago to be honest. I don't even think he's a terrible GM, he's just a middle of the road one and to build a team in a Canadian market we need someone who isn't constantly shooting themselves in the foot with horrific contracts.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Sure change the coach, it isn't like I think Sutter has done such a great job he is untouchable, but anyone that thinks changing the coach does anything but rearrange the chairs on the titanic is going to be very disappointed when nothing changes under the new coach.

Talent is the problem not coaching.
I'm interested to see who people want as the next Coach and GM. Lots of voices saying Sutter and Treliving have to go.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I'm interested to see who people want as the next Coach and GM. Lots of voices saying Sutter and Treliving have to go.

I would be interested as well. Even if it isn’t a specific but a style or changes they think that will improve this mediocre roster.

We have clearly made roster changes but also cycled through coaches like crazy under Treliving. When does it stop being the coaches fault?

Reactions: Boomstick

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
This roster has more than enough talent to at least finish second in the Pacific if not compete for first in the division. Coaching is holding them back what with Dutter's inability to adapt to players he has, not the players he wants.

But I have o faith in Treliving's ability to hire coaches so best for him to get the axe first. Then Dutter. Then a new face who can clean house and pick their own guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad