Proposal: Calgary - Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
To Colorado: Sam Bennett

To Calgary: Matt Duchene + 2nd (2017)

The 2nd makes up for the age differential and I think both players are frustrated with their respective clubs and could use a change of scenery.

Why is Colorado adding a Second. Bennett looks like hes on pace for more PIMs than shots on goal...Tbf.

Colorado also doesn't need an OFD in Brodie. Hamilton + some stuff is pretty much the only real possibilty.. and that's slim. CGY just has nothing Colorado wants...wait...maybe a goaltender...:popcorn:

*Teach me how to Dougie*

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Actually it's about right on value. The real question is the defensive prospect a possible top pairing guy? If so, were in business.

If his upside is not quite that high. I'll stick with Duchene.

Realistically, assuming the Avalanche are looking for a defenseman and using the most recent trades to gage value, it's really not.

Duchene has no where near the value of a 23 year old Johansen, so forget about a Jones return. I doubt he even holds the same value as a 24 year old Hall, but centre's do hold more value, so for just for sake of discussion, let's say Duchene has similar value to a younger, more productive winger. I think the best that you could probably hope for would be a Larsson type caliber defenseman and some sort of salary dump.

The next problem is finding one that's available.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
I didn't realise the combine was every year after your draft.

d28d522fd4a172eb8dbb586dc59c4e10_crop_north.jpg

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
When you can't even do a pull-up in the combine, have 53 PIMS, and 19 points in 51GP you have very low value.

People do realise he had shoulder surgery within 3 months of the combine that took him ~7 months to rehab from right?

He's had a rough year adjusting to playing centre in what is effectively his sophomore season, you will get no dispute from most Flames fans on that issue. But there are also very few 20 year old centres playing in the league right now (as centres).

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
People do realise he had shoulder surgery within 3 months of the combine that took him ~7 months to rehab from right?

He's had a rough year adjusting to playing centre in what is effectively his sophomore season, you will get no dispute from most Flames fans on that issue. But there are also very few 20 year old centres playing in the league right now (as centres).

Of course we do but it's easy pickings (and true) so why not.

He's the next Virtanen/Yakupov if you ask me.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's ridiculous to point out facts? Cool.

And...yeah, I can say "he [Duchene] is better now", quite easily in fact.
Pointing out rookie seasons is completely pointless for the reasons I pointed out and rookie seasons doesn't mean one player will have a better career than the other. And of course Duchene is better now, he's only 5-6 years older, that's like me saying Giordano is better than Noah Hanifin. It's meaningless because the value of the younger player is in their potential, I'm not saying Bennett's value is equal to Duchene's but to suggest the difference in value is a 1st round pick and a good defensive prospect is absolute ********.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Actually it's about right on value. The real question is the defensive prospect a possible top pairing guy? If so, were in business.

If his upside is not quite that high. I'll stick with Duchene.

No it's not right on value, the only way a GM agrees to that is if they are given roofies beforehand or are Mike Milbury.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
When you can't even do a pull-up in the combine, have 53 PIMS, and 19 points in 51GP you have very low value.

He was injured during the combine. Here's what you do. Find a pull up bar, put one hand behind your back and see if you can do a pull-up. I doubt it.

The PMs are a concern, but the points...not so much. He's on the third line, playing with fourth liners, learning the defensive side of the game. He's going to be just fine.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

The 2nd makes up for the age differential and I think both players are frustrated with their respective clubs and could use a change of scenery.

You have a disgruntled player. No one is going to pay top $ for him.

Ah so I get it. Duchene is disgruntled, so nobody is going to pay top value for him because of this. Bennett however, who you also think is frustrated(IE Disgruntled) will have no problem returning a player better then him, AND an additional high draft pick?

Ok. Sure.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
He was injured during the combine. Here's what you do. Find a pull up bar, put one hand behind your back and see if you can do a pull-up. I doubt it.

The PMs are a concern, but the points...not so much. He's on the third line, playing with fourth liners, learning the defensive side of the game. He's going to be just fine.

Hey man, he and I can do the same amount. He's the athlete, I'm just a fat guy typing on a keyboard in the safety of my home. :laugh:

Why does he need to play in the bottom six to learn defense? If you're a top pick who's drafted for offense why are you trying to become a 2 way player? The Yakupov school of player development. Bad idea.

Also funny how everyone mentions my pull-ups dig like it's a big thing but then try and brush off his lack of offense.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Playing with 4th liners? He's spent most of the year with at least one of Gaudreau, Brouwer or Versteeg on his line. Bennett is struggling, so fabricating BS excuses.

Omac13

Sep 10, 2010
Newfoundland

LOL

Listen I could see something around Bennett for Duchene but I can tell you the Avs are not adding a 2nd round pick because of age haha.

Bennett + 2nd round pick , and a D prospect is something the Avs might consider

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Assuming their scouts believe Sam Bennett matures into a top pairing 2-way Dman I think Colorado would do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad