Proposal: Calgary - Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
To Colorado: Sam Bennett

To Calgary: Matt Duchene + 2nd (2017)

The 2nd makes up for the age differential and I think both players are frustrated with their respective clubs and could use a change of scenery.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

The 2nd makes up for the age differential and I think both players are frustrated with their respective clubs and could use a change of scenery.

And we're adding the pick too!

Defense! It's the only thing that matters.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Bad deal for the Avs and this is coming from a Flames fan. And Matt Duchene won't solve anything in Calgary, so both teams pass.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
You have a disgruntled player. No one is going to pay top $ for him.

Wow. You're really going to only continue to defend this, but now make up things.

This is a horrible deal, that no avs fan would consider

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
In what world do we add a pick on that? I would take Bennett, a first and a defensive prospect for Duchene.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

And you have a former third overall pick drafted three years ago with a career high of 36 points on pace for 31 this year. Matt Duchene put up more points in his 18 year old rookie season than Sam Bennett has in the three years since he's been drafted.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

:laugh:

Okay, because he is plagued you get him for free. Unfortunately not my call. You won with that argument, my mind has changed on the value of Duchene.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Wasn't aware of this. Hope Sakic calls Calgary immediately and nobody else to make sure Duchene is traded for poor value TODAY!!

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Just trade Duchene already Sakic so I don't have to see anymore horrible offers with him .

Love how we add the 2nd too lol . I swear the thought put into these is at 0. So if Duchene is frustrated and you say Bennett is too, then that means his value is also really low and nobody will pay top $$$$$. Right?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Bennett is going to be cheap for three more years.

Trading him for a veteran is a giant cap mistake

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

dfnh0.jpg

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
No one is trading a talent like Sam Bennett for Matt Duchene. Duchene will be lucky to break 60 points this season.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Jesus. This proposal is all sorts of bad. It would take at least MacK +Dutchy + Avs unprotected 1st rounder for the Flames to even consider trading a talent like Bennett.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is it Sam Bennett or Sam Reinhart who couldn't do a chin up while weighing 185 pounds?

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
It's his second season.

Can we just stop with the awful Flames proposals? I don't know what's more annoying, the proposals or all the smug and stupid replies.

People need to be patient with prospects who have Bennett level talent.

He's taken a huge step forward this year and I think he'll go on a huge tear post all star break and hit 40 points. That's a career high. As early as the 2019 season I can see him being a 55 point player.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It's his second season.

Can we just stop with the awful Flames proposals? I don't know what's more annoying, the proposals or all the smug and stupid replies.

Well, to be fair, this is a fantastic flames proposal.

But yes, the flaming that ensues is sometimes over the top.

But, if a guy doubles down on his proposal and starts defending...well then, no holds barred at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad