Confirmed with Link: Cale Makar is the Official NHL 24 Cover Athlete

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Do tell? The last NBA game I played you could set the ball and the net on fire, and break the glass. So..
During the NBA Finals I bought NBA 2k23 for like $7 or something crazy like that, the digital copy on my Series X.

Doing the MyPlayer thing and instead of just focusing on basketball, your storyline in the game is that whatever team you choose to play for (and you do get to choose, and then you're drafted to that team) the fans and "the city" despise you because they wanted the guy that goes right after you, named Shep Owens. And he trash talks you all the time and you have to "win over the city and fans" which includes a public feud w/ the GM (who drafted you but...well yeah), winning over The Fashion District, the Music District, and all these other "districts" and shit. So you're constantly doing little side shit.

I made it as far as The Music District bullshit before just giving up. They have you rapping and it's just ridiculous. Like...just let me play the f***ing game.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What I really want to know is if they've finally updated Be A GM Mode to cover things like obtaining blow for your star players after getting them hooked on pain killers or murdering journalists who try to cover your team?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
During the NBA Finals I bought NBA 2k23 for like $7 or something crazy like that, the digital copy on my Series X.

Doing the MyPlayer thing and instead of just focusing on basketball, your storyline in the game is that whatever team you choose to play for (and you do get to choose, and then you're drafted to that team) the fans and "the city" despise you because they wanted the guy that goes right after you, named Shep Owens. And he trash talks you all the time and you have to "win over the city and fans" which includes a public feud w/ the GM (who drafted you but...well yeah), winning over The Fashion District, the Music District, and all these other "districts" and shit. So you're constantly doing little side shit.

I made it as far as The Music District bullshit before just giving up. They have you rapping and it's just ridiculous. Like...just let me play the f***ing game.

I mean if it's lame AF like that sounds, it totally kills the idea rotfl.

Just keep it simple and mix GTA and NHL into one game with some tweaks like hench said. Totally doable, and if you want to spend time as O'Reilly running into Timmy's, or finding Danny Heatley in the back room of a strip club twirling keys as an Easter egg before starting the next game so be it lol.

What I really want to know is if they've finally updated Be A GM Mode to cover things like obtaining blow for your star players after getting them hooked on pain killers or murdering journalists who try to cover your team?

That's like some House of Cards shit mixed in there. Why not though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
By the time I get done editing Makar's player card he'll be the D version of Forsberg, Mack will be Forsberg, and Rantanen might as well be Lindros. Landy can stay Landy, though with Viking mode engaged at all times a never getting injured.

I make my entire team assholes who fight and hit everything. Only way to play lol.

Might as well just make the whole team Forsberg. :laugh: Now I want to play this game again.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Same stats and attitudes anyway. Only thing missing is the nut tap button after they added adjustments for mentality lol.

Oh and of course copying Forsberg from the HOF team to the NHL team before starting GM mode.

Maybe there's a cheat code where if you edit the opposing goalie to make them Dan Cloutier, you can punch them in the balls.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Maybe there's a cheat code where if you edit the opposing goalie to make them Dan Cloutier, you can punch them in the balls.

There needs to be lol, if only EA was this smart.

Sometimes I wonder if the NHL had a hand in making the EA games less brutal. They made the hitting in the game so PC. You used to be able to hit dudes hard enough equipment went everywhere and they never got back up if you did it right.

Blake with 99 skating was a death machine right along side Foote.

I mean.. I had to make sure Hatcher only came back for one game before going back on IR. Not to mention all of the Redwings and other Dallas players I needed to kill in game every time I played them.

It used to be such a great outlet for those rivalries lol.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
my vote for NHL Be a Pro is get rid of all the interviews and interruptions, it's absolutely useless and slows the game down (especially offseason simming, my god).

Revamp the actual 'stats' and perks, ie experience gain, to make it more meaningful. And basically make it like CHEL, just offline.

Oh and expand the contract offers to not just 2 teams, 2 year deals. They did this years ago to 'give the player more chances to move teams', but I WANT the option of signing 6-8 years, OR a bridge. Give me 6-8 team offers (hell give me 30 offers if I'm the best UFA on the market), all varying lengths/dollars depending on my demand

Reactions: UncleRisto

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
You can usually adjust that. One of the best aspects they've seemed to keep for that game is the ability to unf*** their stupid slow game play settings, and over doing it on losing the puck when someone brushes against you.
I haven't played in close to 20years so I don't know if they have bobbled pucks or not now, but you never see it in the clips. It's always impeccable puck handling from even the lowest level player possible.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

That all looks like a plan devised by an out-of-touch adult trying to guess what kids would like to have.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
my vote for NHL Be a Pro is get rid of all the interviews and interruptions, it's absolutely useless and slows the game down (especially offseason simming, my god).

Revamp the actual 'stats' and perks, ie experience gain, to make it more meaningful. And basically make it like CHEL, just offline.

Oh and expand the contract offers to not just 2 teams, 2 year deals. They did this years ago to 'give the player more chances to move teams', but I WANT the option of signing 6-8 years, OR a bridge. Give me 6-8 team offers (hell give me 30 offers if I'm the best UFA on the market), all varying lengths/dollars depending on my demand
The EA team heard your feedback, and they are adding useless warm-ups, and a text-based storyline where you just repeatedly press a button to skip.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I haven't played in close to 20years so I don't know if they have bobbled pucks or not now, but you never see it in the clips. It's always impeccable puck handling from even the lowest level player possible.

At one point I did have to turn that down. They went way overboard with it. There is pass accuracy, pass recieving percentage, and maybe something else I'm forgetting as well.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
At one point I did have to turn that down. They went way overboard with it. There is pass accuracy, pass recieving percentage, and maybe something else I'm forgetting as well.
They always try features that would make it more realistic, completely break the game, then tone it way down, and introduce it as a new feature in six years.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They always try features that would make it more realistic, completely break the game, then tone it way down, and introduce it as a new feature in six years.

At least in 2017, you could still fix their stupid. I'm going to be livid if I buy the new one and you can't adjust all of the game play settings and speed like before.

Rainbow Six did the same thing, but I guess I'm in the minority on that because somehow they still sell new versions of it. COD & BattleField figured out that fast is better than limping around after you take one to the leg at least.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh I'm in! My 5'11" 170lbs white boy who has only ever seen suburbia with the most strict of HOAs is gonna straight spit some bars!

Just spend a weekend downtown Detroit (eating at the best restaurants) if you want to be legit. Any time in Detroit makes you bad ass I'm told.

• Haha
Reactions: henchman21

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
The EA team heard your feedback, and they are adding useless warm-ups, and a text-based storyline where you just repeatedly press a button to skip.
Had a power play, coach says hey we need you to score on this one. Sure, no problem. End up getting Mikko back door for a tap in. Power play goal, objective FAILED :laugh:

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey

lol I’m glad to have read this. That game loosened my grip on sanity. The skateboard tricks… the shoes… the tik tok dances… and why was the voice acting so weirdly good? It’s one of the weirdest video games I’ve ever played. Up there with, like… Parappa the Rapper. But the basketball itself, lots of fun.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_6139.jpeg

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
EA is such a pathetic company. They have the ability to make good games, but choose to pump out crap full of monetization instead.

Ultimately it's the gamers themselves who allow this to continue as they give their coin to crap like this.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
EA is such a pathetic company. They have the ability to make good games, but choose to pump out crap full of monetization instead.

Ultimately it's the gamers themselves who allow this to continue as they give their coin to crap like this.
I'm not so sure they can make a quality product. I actually preferred 2K Sports NHL games over EA during the early 00s.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I'm not so sure they can make a quality product. I actually preferred 2K Sports NHL games over EA during the early 00s.
Sure they can, in the past EA released a bunch of very good games before turning into this joke of a company.

2K NHL games were the best though. More depth than the EA series ever had, a more sim like approach, far superior franchise mode etc. However, the masses spoke with their wallets and didn't want 2K hockey.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Do tell? The last NBA game I played you could set the ball and the net on fire, and break the glass. So..
Don’t ask me why but I bought 23nba2k and the depth they go into career create a player is pretty cool.

It’ll be something I only get through once. Sure there like was said before me is a bunch of no sensical shit. But it blows away be a pro by a mile.I was even allowed to determine my on court time.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Don’t ask me why but I bought 23nba2k and the depth they go into career create a player is pretty cool.

It’ll be something I only get through once. Sure there like was said before me is a bunch of no sensical shit. But it blows away be a pro by a mile.I was even allowed to determine my on court time.

That does sound pretty cool, basket ball games are more fun than watching it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad