Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part III: Not A Prospect Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean... Foppa did all of that and we all love him.

Except Foppa would always be at or near the top of point producers in the playoffs.

He wouldn't get embarrassed by putting up a measly 1 point ( an assist) in a playoff series on top of whining and diving like Gaudreau.

That's why everyone loved Forsberg.

Reactions: klozge

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I'm obviously in the minority here, but it's because of that stuff that Forsberg was never even close to my favorite Avalanche.

200w.gif

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Kadri is far worse than Forsberg for whining and diving.

Not a big Kadri fan either for the same reason (although I'm still glad he's on the team for the positives he brings). I just personally tend to like the hardworking classy players.

I remember the exact moment Joe Sakic became my favorite player: He was on a breakaway and got hooked several times very clearly - it even knocked him off balance, but he kept on his skates. I honestly don't even remember if he scored or not, but if there was ever a time to dive that was it, and he didn't.

All my least favorite players have the combo of diving/whining when the ref is looking and dirty plays when the ref isn't looking.

Reactions: avsfan09

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Easy now. Lets not say things we might regret later. Forsberg was a saint.

This reminds me of the time @S E P H called Forsberg a puck hog and the thread exploded with every post just roasting him for that. :laugh:
I still stand by that statement too! He was a puck hog, but Avs were significantly more dangerous when he decided to go into puck hog mode.
When really we should be after @S E P H for all those damn K-Pop videos! :nod:
original.gif

Kpop avatars > Colin Wilson

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean Forsberg for sure was a puck hog.

This wasn't a bad thing most of the time though because there was nobody better with the puck.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I hope this isn't the virus and he will be ready against the Wild. If he has the virus then someone has jinxed it after posting that Hughes picture walking in a crowded beach and said this is something Makar wouldn't do :laugh:

Reactions: Balthazar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd take nothing serious as in not out 3-4+ weeks... with AJ it is hard to really gauge what he really knows and if it is correct.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I'd take nothing serious as in not out 3-4+ weeks... with AJ it is hard to really gauge what he really knows and if it is correct.

I feel like AJ tries to let on he has the inside scoop, but he almost never does. I hope that changes, but that's been the trend so far.

Reactions: Chiarelli

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Burgundy Review EXCLUSIVE: Chris MacFarland Speaks (Part 2)

Some interesting tidbits about Makar in here from Chris MacFarland. Speak of a few more prospects as well.

“You follow that up after the really rough year we had a few years ago, and then to go from one to four in the draft, and to end up with Cale. He’s another special offensive type defenseman on the back end. He’s up for the Calder, but guys, in a few years, the sky’s the limit for Cale."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad