Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part III: Not A Prospect Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He wasn't using his slap shot at all for like the first half of the season and now he's using it way more. Mack said that Makar will be lethal once he starts using his slapper more so I'm sure they are working on it.
It looked pretty good on the tieing goal against the Pens. He just needs to find some accuracy. He will.

Reactions: Balthazar

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Kinda OK with Makar not making All-Star game. I still remember Ray Fosse and Pete Rose.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The record for most goals scored by a rookie defenseman is 23 by Brian Leetch.

I don't know why I thought this information was relevant to this thread.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
It’s a high bar but I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets there. He’s been significantly more of a goal threat as the season has gone on.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I can’t believe Makar has been this good this year. I figured 40 points was a pretty good guess on points this year considering 50+ would be a historic year. Well here we are and a historic year is being had.

Reactions: Lemonlimey and cgf

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I predicted 16g 32a. I think I underestimated.

Lol I posted this back in August... even I underestimated.

Regardless of whether he gets significant powerplay time, we've seen that he produces opportunities at even strength. Don't think it's crazy at all to suggest 50+ points, even as a rookie.

14 goals + 38 assists - 52 points

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I'm reading through the original Makar thread and there are some funny takes.

"Well, you got your "D at all costs" pick. Enjoy Shattenkirk 2.0."

"Brannstrom @ 15th > Makar @ 4th overall in regards to value."

"Just because he's an amazing skater doesn't mean jack **** if you don't have the game which goes along with it. We pretty much just drafted Tyson Barrie 2.0 4th overall. Horrible, he's not going to come close to Karlsson or any other top 5 offencive defender."

"It's nice that they picked a D, it shows a real change in philosophy. But they also picked the wrong D. Vilardi and Glass will likely both have better careers than Makar."

etc, etc...

It's one thing to be wrong (because so far I've been very wrong about Jost, I'm just hopeful that a guy who played for my Vees can succeed), but it's another to be so adamant, loud, and closed-minded with an opinion that turns out so wrong that makes me laugh.

Then we got a weird coincidence with:

"Is it me or Makar suspiciously looks like MacKinnon"

and a very accurate prediction:

"I just picture this quick defenceman going to retrieve a puck behind the net, picks it up, goes around the first forechecker, and makes a good pass up the ice. And then does this hundreds of times a game.

Which instantly makes him the Avs best defenceman."

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Most HFavs influencers that year had people convinced that getting a D was reaching, that it was a draft for forwards, and to wait the following year to draft a D. Near the end of the season a good chunk of the board was sold on Heiskanen but that was it.

Turned out that the only elite forward coming out of that draft wasn't even hyped (or barely).

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

"Well, you got your "D at all costs" pick. Enjoy Shattenkirk 2.0."

"Brannstrom @ 15th > Makar @ 4th overall in regards to value."

"Just because he's an amazing skater doesn't mean jack **** if you don't have the game which goes along with it. We pretty much just drafted Tyson Barrie 2.0 4th overall. Horrible, he's not going to come close to Karlsson or any other top 5 offencive defender."

"It's nice that they picked a D, it shows a real change in philosophy. But they also picked the wrong D. Vilardi and Glass will likely both have better careers than Makar."

etc, etc...

It's one thing to be wrong (because so far I've been very wrong about Jost, I'm just hopeful that a guy who played for my Vees can succeed), but it's another to be so adamant, loud, and closed-minded with an opinion that turns out so wrong that makes me laugh.

Then we got a weird coincidence with:

"Is it me or Makar suspiciously looks like MacKinnon"

and a very accurate prediction:

"I just picture this quick defenceman going to retrieve a puck behind the net, picks it up, goes around the first forechecker, and makes a good pass up the ice. And then does this hundreds of times a game.

Which instantly makes him the Avs best defenceman."

@cgf might be a time traveler

upload_2020-1-19_20-3-13.png

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why are Nuck fans so insecure when it comes to Hughes and Makar I really dont get it. Both teams got some stud dman yet it feels like Nuck fans go out of their way to inject Hughes in everything Makar related. Even the All-Star selection saying Hughes is the front runner for the ROY because hes going to the All-Star game via popular vote and Cale is not. This is Victor Mete, William Nylander all over again.

Reactions: BrickNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad