Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
This is the same crap I tell myself to make me feel better for being 5'10". Fact of the matter is that being 6' just makes you better at life. It's a miracle that Makar has gotten so far with such a clear disadvantage.

Try being 5’10” with a significantly younger brother that’s 6’6”, and has been taller than you since he was 12....hahahaha

Reactions: missionAvs

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
This is the same crap I tell myself to make me feel better for being 5'10". Fact of the matter is that being 6' just makes you better at life. It's a miracle that Makar has gotten so far with such a clear disadvantage.
so-small.jpg

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
"Elite defender"

Are people missing the word elite there? Spurgeon and Girard are good on the defensive side of the puck, but nobody is confusing them with prime Pickles. Elite defenders under 6' certainly can happen, but the odds are very, very much against it. In the last 25 years, there are probably only a handful of them. There are a lot more good or even great defenders that size, but what was stated was elite.
I'd say the odds are worse for 6'9" guys.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sneak peak at 80% of Makar's points this season:

Well if Barrie gets credit for it then so should Makar. I for one am looking forward to Mack's one-timer actually being a threat again this year. If there is one thing Barrie did by shooting more combined with sucking balls at that pass it was completely neutering Mack's one-timer.

Barrie also pretty much always telegraphed the f*** out of it too when he was making that pass.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Well if Barrie gets credit for it then so should Makar. I for one am looking forward to Mack's one-timer actually being a threat again this year. If there is one thing Barrie did by shooting more combined with sucking balls at that pass it was completely neutering Mack's one-timer.

Barrie also pretty much always telegraphed the **** out of it too when he was making that pass.
:nod:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
While I hope it does, that passing accuracy in a static zero-pressure situation with no defenders of any type has no guarantee to translate to how it works in a real game with the world's best PKers pressuring you.

I am betting it will to a large extent though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
While I hope it does, that passing accuracy in a static zero-pressure situation with no defenders of any type has no guarantee to translate to how it works in a real game with the world's best PKers pressuring you.

I think we've already seen it translate. It will be interesting to see if Makar can avoid getting tunnel vision on the PP. Which is something Mack struggles with in all situations.

Barrie was able to not pass to Mack without hesitation. Even if Mack wanted the puck lol.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

We just have to play against passive penalty killing systems all year.

Reactions: cgf and Tweaky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad