GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 4 - 06.16.14 - at St. John's - 5:00 PM - FS Southwest Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I just saw the no goal call. What the hell? Is Satan seriously trying to compare that to the call last game? The puck was in the goal lol.

If the puck was in the net wouldn't it have been called a goal? Makes U think...

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
so that was a hat trick for Morin? good stuff.

Him and Brett Ritchie have become the real go to guys for the team. Each had multi goal nights :D

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If the puck was in the net wouldn't it have been called a goal? Makes U think...

At the end of the day ... it didn't impact the game.

Oleksiak had a heck of a game. Huge, huge impact on the goal to tie the game.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006

puck doesn't lie at the end of the night. They may have got the breaks from the officials, but they didn't get the win ;)

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Oleksiak and Gaunce has really picked it up and that shift where Ritchie scored was just magic and the type of play you should expect from Oleksiak, using his skating and stick skills to keep the puck.

Texas needs to win tomorrow so I have less decisions to make Thursday (and save some money :D)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Oleksiak is an offensive defender (not defensive) and should be groomed that way. HSO.

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx
Career AHL. 30 years old, game is more suited to AHL. He's a good guy to train up the prospects.

Are any of these guys legit potential to come up and have an impact? I will admit that I don't follow the AHL that much, but with how Dowling, Morin, and Randord are doing, are they just all going to be career AHLers?

Are there any guys on this team that we don't talk about much on the board that has a legit chance to get a roster spot?

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Game 5 is tomorrow? Jesus AHL scheduling is awful.

yeah.. it kind of sucks.

I know puck prospectus has done research on the back to back games between two teams in the AHL, and the vast majority of the time (like more so than predicted by winning percentages of the teams) the result is that both teams get one win. It's very hard to get 4 out of 4 points against the same team on 2 nights.

I still think it might be a good idea to give Campbell a start tomorrow night.. what with the safety blanket of having the two chances to close them out at home.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Are any of these guys legit potential to come up and have an impact? I will admit that I don't follow the AHL that much, but with how Dowling, Morin, and Randord are doing, are they just all going to be career AHLers?

Are there any guys on this team that we don't talk about much on the board that has a legit chance to get a roster spot?

So of the AHL only guys:

Morin - Career AHLer, played a couple of NHL games this last season and did ok but excels in the AHL.

Dowling - Playmaking center. I personally think has a chance but likely career AHL. Not very physical and inconsistent. However he's only 23-24 thus can be a late bloomer.

Ranford - 21/22 year old rookie. Picked it up in the playoffs and had a decent season. He may have worked his way into a NHL contract. I can see him being a 3rd line energy guy.

Hedden - Good year but also 30, will be heading to the KHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Ranford and Dowling are both under 23. Ranford is the younger of the two.

Considering that some nights Dowling looks as good as the 30 year old Morin ... he's probably the most likely of the bunch to have a shot.

They're all mostly Top 6 or bust guys which is why guys like Roussel made the jump and found success over a guy like Morin.

We're all high off of a amazing victory ... at the end of the day you should be very pissed if Morin factors in to Dallas' Top 6 if everyone is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad