GDT: calcar

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't think there needs to be a game to do it, even though many of us would like to see him play. He's only played 11 AHL games in his career so there's no rush to get him a game at the NHL. The coach is worried about winning games and obviously thinks Lack gives them the better chance (he may be right or he may be wrong, but it's not an unreasonable position to take). During the all star break, they can send him to Charlotte to get meaningful games in so that's a non-issue.

If Altshuller is the real deal, he'll have plenty of chances to prove it in the coming years. If Lack does terribly for a few more games, then he'll likely get his chance this year as well. If we don't see him get a game at all this season, it's not a big deal. Seems a bit like a "shiny new toy" syndrome.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Hank as been trying to, but unfortunately, others don't respect the streak.

On a side note, we thought the Canes would need 93-94 points to have 70%+ chance of geting into the playoffs. Let's say 94 to be safe. They are at 50 points today and have 33 games left in the season. If I use the same ratio of OTLs the rest of the way, that means they'd need to go 19-8-6 over these 33 games in order to get in (and that might still be tight depending on the teams ahead of them). Tarheel had some website (can't find the link) that might have a better estimate than this.

I don't think they are that good of a team, but will never say never. Needless to say though, they can't afford to lose this one.

Last edited:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Hank as been trying to, but unfortunately, others don't respect the streak.

On a side note, we thought the Canes would need 93-94 points to have 70%+ chance of geting into the playoffs. Let's say 94 to be safe. They are at 50 points today and have 33 games left in the season. If I use the same ratio of OTLs the rest of the way, that means they'd need to go 19-8-6 over these 33 games in order to get in (and that might still be tight depending on the teams ahead of them). Tarheel had some website (can't find the link) that might have a better estimate than this.

I don't think they are that good of a team, but will never say never. Needless to say though, they can't afford to lose this one.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/Carolina.html

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
On the Flames broadcast, they interviewed Darcy Tucker and Geoff Sanderson at the intermission. Man, Sanderson still looks so young...almost like he could still play. I loved him as a player when he was in the NHL.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Nice up by Hainsey, and perfect execution of the two on one by Eric and Versteeg.

Nice bounce back game from the boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad