GDT: calcar

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah, give him a chance. Lack was not good last game, and it would be really interesting to see what Altshuller has got in him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I really think altshuller should start this game. Don't think he will, but think he definitely should

While I'd be ok with Altshuller getting a game and part of me would like to see what he can do, I don't think he definitely should. Lack is signed for 2 more years, they need to ride him a bit here and see what he's got when given more than just a couple games here and there. Give him a string of starts and see if he can develop a rhythm, some confidence and show that he can be a starter next year.

Won't be upset either way though.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I'd love to see Altshuller start tonight -- id be much more likely to watch the whole game if he did. Not saying its the right move though.

IIRC, rookie goalies making their first start this season around the NHL have been close to undefeated if not undefeated.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I guess I just don't see a better time to do it if he's not getting a start now. It'd be different if he wasn't tearing it up in Charlotte but he's been playing great.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I guess I just don't see a better time to do it if he's not getting a start now. It'd be different if he wasn't tearing it up in Charlotte but he's been playing great.

Just curious. What makes today's game any better than one in the next week? Yeah, maybe you don't want to throw him out there against the Hawks, but other than that there are a few he can take.

I'm ok if he gets the start, but in my view, the Canes have to worry about winning the game, their precarious (even though I think they don't have a realistic shot) position of still being in the playoff hunt, and seeing if Lack can show he's the guy since he is signed for 2 more years. In the greater scheme of things, Altshuller getting or not getting a start right now is kind of minor.

If Peters feels Altshuller might give him a better chance to win this game than Lack, or feels he's the superior goalie based on what he's seen so far, then by all means, he should get the nod. Like I said previously, part of me wants to see him in the net, but that's not the same as saying he should be in the net.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Next game is chicago and they could chew up any goalie on any night, after that is the all star break and he's looking at two weeks without meaningful action after playing really well. I hope lack plays great and we all forget about it but I really think now would be the game to do it, not to mention its a cross conference game against a team that's looked beatable

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I hope Läck bounces back, I really do, but count me amongst those who would have liked to have given Altshuller a look here.

Home game against a cross conference, non playoff team is about as ideal a spot to get your first action as I can think of for a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad