C/W Pierre-Luc Dubois - Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, QMJHL (2016, 3rd, CBJ) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Now has 12 pts in 6 games with Blainville-Boisbriand

So we can't call him a bust anymore? Aw man

I would never call him a bust yet, and it is obviously positive he is now tracking well offensively. But, Michael Dal Colle did the exact same thing last year and it is not like he is tracking that well in the AHL right now. People also made the exact same style posts.

Lets see what he can do the rest of the year and in camp next year.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
another pair of goals for him today. Like I said, the start of the season was an anomaly. He's better than what he showed in the first part of the season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I would never call him a bust yet, and it is obviously positive he is now tracking well offensively. But, Michael Dal Colle did the exact same thing last year and it is not like he is tracking that well in the AHL right now. People also made the exact same style posts.

Dal Colle's 200 ft. game has taken a step forward since the start of the season. Typically in pro development we see prospects' offensive numbers take a hit early on while they round out their games for the pro level going forward. I think Dal Colle will only start to get more chances in the second half of the season and hopefully he needs another offseason and about a half a season in the AHL before he's ready to make the jump.

Logical

Aug 25, 2015
Skull

Exact last year was Dal Colle's draft +2 year, this year is Dubois' draft +1 year, different situations. I see your point, though.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

giphy.gif

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
His season start did not affect are ranking . People are too influenced by good performance or bad in a short period of time. Like you ; good 7-8 game of Dubois with new team , It amasses a lot of point and one re-becomes high on him . Hey it's the same play who play very well last season , and same player that he play bad this season .

We must always relativize performance . When a player makes 16 points in 8 games he is not as good as that and when he makes 2 points in 8 part, he is not as bad as that.

Ranking of Dubois are just what i think since day i play against in Pee-Wee . Very good player , good hockey IQ , good shot and very dominant physicaly like in forecheck or puck protection . Glad that Columbus take him , is a very good fit . But i don't see her upside to be a superstar . He doing all very well but nothing better than other . I see like a top 6 player here , with a lot of energy and play good way (coach player) but not a player who will a top 20 for points in league . I think Boeser had more upside for that for example

Just what i post into my top 115 topic for Dubois , and re-post here!

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Very glad to see he's turned it around with his new team.

I think ultimately, at least for next year, he'll be on the wing in Columbus on their second line (displacing Jenner to the bottom-6). Even if Karlsson is selected in the expansion draft, I think Sedlak has proven he can take on a bigger role, which would allow Duber to break into the league on the wing.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
So many bums from the qmjhl

Claude Giroux, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, Corey Crawford

Let's not forget Mario Lemieux, Martin Broduer, Ray Bourque, Patrick Roy, Denis Savard, Pat LaFontaine, Luc Robitaille, Vinny LeCavalier, Brad Richards, Roberto Luongo

I'm still a believer of PL Dubois and I do think he has star upside. Even if he doesn't reach star level, I think he'll be a very good NHL player for many years

kevrondl

Dec 29, 2008
Oshawa, ON
So many bums from the qmjhl

Claude Giroux, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, Corey Crawford

Let's not forget Mario Lemieux, Martin Broduer, Ray Bourque, Patrick Roy, Denis Savard, Pat LaFontaine, Luc Robitaille, Vinny LeCavalier, Brad Richards, Roberto Luongo

I'm still a believer of PL Dubois and I do think he has star upside. Even if he doesn't reach star level, I think he'll be a very good NHL player for many years
There's a little-known guy from the Q named Sidney Crosby... he projects to be a decent NHLer.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
So what was the problem in Cape Breton?

Without having watched him, usually the assumption could be he isn't as much of a driver that he can carry the load all by himself. Much like how I see MDC as a good complimentary player, PLD could be of the same mold where he has all the tools to be a top line player but he does better when he isn't the driver of his line. See Monahan and JG for example. Monahan is good, but JG as the driver makes him even better.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Without having watched him, usually the assumption could be he isn't as much of a driver that he can carry the load all by himself. Much like how I see MDC as a good complimentary player, PLD could be of the same mold where he has all the tools to be a top line player but he does better when he isn't the driver of his line. See Monahan and JG for example. Monahan is good, but JG as the driver makes him even better.

So, who is doing that on Blainville-Boisbriand then?

Since Dubois joined them:

Dubois - 12gp, 12g, 9a, 21pts
Alain - 12gp, 7g, 6a, 13pts
Barré-Boulet - 10gp, 3g, 7a, 10pts
Teasdale - 11gp, 4g, 5a, 9 pts
Melancon - 12gp, 3g, 5a, 8pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad