C/W Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLBarmada

I only read about him, so I really cant say.

Does he stickhandle like Dats?

Not exactly, he has great hands, he's more like an Ovechkin in terms of scoring goals and passion, style of play pure sniper, he's creative like Datsyuk. But offensively, maybe a guy like Malkin minus the size, but he reminds you of like 3 guys which is where you get the Malkin comparison from.

He plays more like Malkin then he does Datsyuk, hes too much of a scorer, and the commitment to D isn't there.

I'm not saying he will be as good as Malkin, but he reminds me of him.

He's defence is not close to a Datsyuk level, and that comparison is unfair, because then fans expect a level of defense that he doesn't have.

The only knock on him is that he's inconsistent, some nights he's there, some hes not. Some shifts he's invisible then he wakes up.

He can be quiet for the whole game and then explode, he was a pleasure to watch, and he is in my opinion the best player I have seen don a Lions Jersey, and maybe their best ever.

The only thing Dukey has on him is consistentcy and physical maturity, both can be hot headed, but you guys have a great player, I would have liked to have seen him one last time with the Lions.

Hopefully I get too see a mooseheads game.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I watched quite a bit of Drouin and Duclair last year...and I prefered Drouin...but Duclair has had half a year of QMJHL experience and to be honest when I saw Drouin this year, his game has kind of stagnated...playing half a year extra in AAA has basically stalled his development so it will be interesting to see what he can do over the 2nd half of the season to get his development back on track.

BLBarmada

De Luca wasnt drafted for a reason...he isnt even close to those guys and shouldnt be talked about in that mix...

He sure as hell looks like he can hang with them, at times he's sick, I'll give you consistency issues, but man when he shows he dominates.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I watched quite a bit of Drouin and Duclair last year...and I prefered Drouin...but Duclair has had half a year of QMJHL experience and to be honest when I saw Drouin this year, his game has kind of stagnated...playing half a year extra in AAA has basically stalled his development so it will be interesting to see what he can do over the 2nd half of the season to get his development back on track.

And since the beginning of the season, Duclair has constantly improved...

However, I don't think that half a season can alter a development that much. It would have been different if he had spent the season in AAA.

BLBarmada

And since the beginning of the season, Duclair has constantly improved...

However, I don't think that half a season can alter a development that much. It would have been different if he had spent the season in AAA.

This, and has Duclair started to fill out ?

I think by the end of the year he'll go on a tear.

Does he look like he improved hockey his hockey sense cause that was lacking ?

And regarding the lazy habits, I didn't see them, if your talking about consistency then that was already there. It didn't hurt him as much as people think.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He sure as hell looks like he can hang with them, at times he's sick, I'll give you consistency issues, but man when he shows he dominates.

Hes always been able to score...but im just saying he shouldnt be talked about on the same level as those guys...he had 50 pts last year in AAA and no one drafted him...very telling...and it wasnt because he is committed to Vermont.

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
Hes always been able to score...but im just saying he shouldnt be talked about on the same level as those guys...he had 50 pts last year in AAA and no one drafted him...very telling...and it wasnt because he is committed to Vermont.

I remember he was was quebecs best player in 2 games at the U-16s for the CWG this year.. vs. Alberta and i forget the other team.

I was shocked no team took a flyer on him, but i must have seen 2 games where he "showed up".

BLBarmada

50 Pts as a 15 year old, similar stats to Drouin and Duclair.

Maybe it's his attitude.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
As posted in the Mackinnon thread Drouin had two assists tonight including a very nice back door pass to Grenier for the first goal of the game.

He was playing on the 2nd line and was seeing some 1st unit PP time (on the point as well)

Showed some creativity and gelled well with Grenier. A lot smaller then I expected but then again he's only 16. Pretty excited to see him develop and be a potential 1st round pick in 2013.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
I was really impressed with the kids poise. I can see the Datsyuk comparison in how he delays with the puck. She some nice hands.

Almost more impressive was he was not shy of the physicality. Not that he was bowling guys over, but I noticed him engaging physically rather than waiting for the opponent to do so.

Very promising start for him.

BLBarmada

I was really impressed with the kids poise. I can see the Datsyuk comparison in how he delays with the puck. She some nice hands.

Almost more impressive was he was not shy of the physicality. Not that he was bowling guys over, but I noticed him engaging physically rather than waiting for the opponent to do so.

Very promising start for him.

He has push back and a temper, when he's engaged and scoring he's very passionate, reminds me of ovie, the hands are quite like Dats, the defense though is off base which is why I won't give him the Dats part, and he's a goal scorer.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
How good is he? I'd say he's probably one of the best 16 year olds to ever be the 3rd best 16 year old on a chl team.

But in all seriousness he's been playing amazing lately, 3pts so far tonight. Hopefully halifax holds on and forces game 7.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
RW/LW Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL 2013 Draft)

Jonathan Drouin Official Thread - Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL 2013 Draft)

Born: 1995-03-28
Position: RW/LW
Team: Halifax Mooseheads - QMJHL
Height/Weight: 5'11"/176 lbs
Handedness: Left

HAL_Drouin_Jonathan_2011121427.jpg

DCDrouin52818.jpg

Stats:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=118657

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-A7eJ3ABLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS5VhREvW4&feature=related

Beautiful goal in the Game 6 vs Québec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-sC1qLTcA

7goals - 7assists for 14 pts in 10 playoff games as of right now
Potential top 15 pick in 2013 draft

Last edited:

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Posted this in the thread "how good is Jonathan Drouin?" but i'll say it again:

He has got to be one of the best if not the best player to be the 3rd best 16 year old on a CHL team.

Dec 2, 2010
Very talented and fun to watch. Let's just say that Halifax is going to have to build a couple of hotels just for the flood of visitors/scouts next season.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Jus to clarify, Drouin is a '95, you have him listed as a '94.

Thanks. Don't know why I've put 1994 lol

IMO, Jonathan Drouin could turn out better than Anthony Duclair. Duclair seems to me like a Emerson Etem..high speed and great sniping. But Drouin plays more of a cerebral game and has a better hockey IQ. Don't get me wrong guys, Anthony Duclair has much more to offer than Etem; it's just that aspect of speed and sniping that's similar to Etem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad