Prospect Info: C/W Jiri Kulich, 28th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft; recalled 11/25/23, assigned 11/29/23

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Kulich with 2 G and 2 primary A captaining Czechia to bronze. 6-6-12 in 7 GP. Watching these celebratory scenes, it's clear why Adams felt this was the best way for Jiri to spend the past two weeks. They should really send Adams a bronze of his own because none of that happens without JK.

He has to be one of the best WJC players of all-time with a silver and a bronze over three editions, racking up 15-14-29 in 21 GP. Ridiculous numbers.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kulich with 2 G and 2 primary A captaining Czechia to bronze. 6-6-12 in 7 GP. Watching these celebratory scenes, it's clear why Adams felt this was the best way for Jiri to spend the past two weeks. They should really send Adams a bronze of his own because none of that happens without JK.

He has to be one of the best WJC players of all-time with a silver and a bronze over three editions, racking up 15-14-29 in 21 GP. Ridiculous numbers.

I know of a guy who had three golds at the U20's. :biglaugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Reddawg and HOOats

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Some historical perspective:

Kulich is 13th all-time in WJC points. The only player to have more than him in the 21st century is Connor Bedard.

Kulich is 10th all-time in WJC goals. The only player to have more than him in the 21st century is Alexander Ovechkin.
I went to look at the number of games those other two played and was surprised that that AO played on the U20 team during the WJC 3 years in a row.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I went to look at the number of games those other two played and was surprised that that AO played on the U20 team during the WJC 3 years in a row.
Yeah Kulich's stats aren't quite as impressive when you look at a per game basis, but raw production is raw production.

AO played WJC in his D+1 due to the lockout I imagine, in addition to his D+0 and D-1 years. 18 G in 18 GP lol.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Yeah Kulich's stats aren't quite as impressive when you look at a per game basis, but raw production is raw production.

AO played WJC in his D+1 due to the lockout I imagine, in addition to his D+0 and D-1 years. 18 G in 18 GP lol.
Kulich was probably on weaker teams. Hard to compare, but he was productive and has a bronze. All positive from a prospect development perspective.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems with Jost down, they've moved Kulich back to the wing. One primary and one secondary assist at 5-on-5 since returning, no goals. I fear that they're going to Reichel this kid up after trying to make him into an AHL center.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
It seems with Jost down, they've moved Kulich back to the wing. One primary and one secondary assist at 5-on-5 since returning, no goals. I fear that they're going to Reichel this kid up after trying to make him into an AHL center.
Should have just kept him on wing wouldn't be the first time the Sabres fumbled a prospect by trying to shoehorn him into role that isn't suited to their playstyle or skillset

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad