C/W Dmitriy Voronkov (2019, 114th, CBJ)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I saw people said he lived all alone in hotel. Given he didn't speak any English at all, no wonder he felt himself uncomfortable. Kinda strange situation for an NHL team. It looks like they didn't expect anything decent from him and just didn't care.
That seems like a bizarre thing for them to let him do.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
He should be living with Provorov or Marchenko/Chinakhov.

Either way, sounds like he's been convinced for now to stay, he makes everyone around him better. Columbus needs him both now and in the future.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
He's a very shy person so didn't probably wanna bother anybody with his problems. He wasn't a top prospect, didn't impress anybody in preseason games, didn't look any special in AHL so Columbus probably didn't care about creating comfortable environment for him to succeed. Given all the shit happened around the Jackets lately it doesn't surprise me at all.

I have plenty of beefs to pick with CBJ management but this is nonsense. Jarmo ALWAYS mentioned Voronkov when speaking of the "future" -- which unfortunately he has spoken of quite often during his tenure. He thinks very highly of him.

I'm sure Voronkov was living in a hotel because he started in the AHL and needed to prove himself before they said to get a permanent place. I'm also sure Voronkov, being 23 years old, didn't want to be a burden (ie be babysat) to anyone but that's a tough spot to put a young man who can't speak english in a brand new country. Most people would struggle in that environment despite the good face we may put on publicly.

Glad this appears put to bed but the Jackets should be WAY out in front of issues like these instead of playing the reaction game to media reports.

One thing I do agree with you on is this is yet another bad look for a franchise that's already been a horror show this season starting with the Babcock fiasco.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Which player do you guys compare him to?

I initially though he’s mostly a grinder, but he does a lot more and has a surprisingly high hockey IQ.

He’s like Evgeny Artyukhin with worse skating but infinitely better hockey brain

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Which player do you guys compare him to?

I initially though he’s mostly a grinder, but he does a lot more and has a surprisingly high hockey IQ.

He’s like Evgeny Artyukhin with worse skating but infinitely better hockey brain
Keep it simple - Boone Jenner

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Tied for 4th in points among rookies (he scored another goal tonight and has 12)

1701484941380.png

Reactions: FlyguyOX

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
14 points in 23 games and a solid all around game, I don’t think a single CBJ fan expected him to come over and have this type of impact immediately

Reactions: Burkeocet

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
14 points in 23 games and a solid all around game, I don’t think a single CBJ fan expected him to come over and have this type of impact immediately

I expected a big multi tool impact, until he showed up way too heavy in devo camp, then I lowered my expectations.

He was barely keeping up versus prospects and now he's flying vs NHLers. Must have been a crash diet.

Reactions: Burkeocet and ViD

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1