C Tyler Madden - Northeastern, NCAA (2018, 68th, VAN, traded to LA)

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Fair to say- one of the guys that has really upped their "stock" the most in terms of perception? Guy is all skin and bones right now, but in a way for him that's kind of a positive. Been a monster around the net at 5-11 150 pounds, and has the frame to put on plenty of weight.

Probably needs at least 1 more year in school, but the skating, hands, and vision all look there.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Fair to say- one of the guys that has really upped their "stock" the most in terms of perception? Guy is all skin and bones right now, but in a way for him that's kind of a positive. Been a monster around the net at 5-11 150 pounds, and has the frame to put on plenty of weight.

Probably needs at least 1 more year in school, but the skating, hands, and vision all look there.

Hes on the Adan Gaudette plan which is 3 yrs of College Hockey and i have 0 problem with that. He would get eaten alive in the AHL and that wouldnt be the right place for him to develop.

Super impressed w his motor and his compete factor.

He goes into places at 150lbs that alot of 200 punder are scared to venture to.

Would compate his playing style to Viktor Arvidsson

Reactions: Son of Petter

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
very impressive performance tonight........ plays with a great intensity and is a do anything to win type of guy....

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Can someone post clips of his goals? I wasn't able to find them.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Sooo impressive. ...just took over Gaudette's vacated role on the NU team and has filled his Hobey Baker shoes and then some as a true freshman.

Filthy hands, high iq, never ending motor.

Feb 19, 2018
Look out Hockey world.

The Canucks are going to seriously be one of the most exciting teams in the league 5 years from now.

Kid is the closest thing I’ve seen to Gaudreau since the man himself! Look at those handles!!!!!!

P10p

May 15, 2012
Ugh I wanted Minnesota to reach with their first and grab him. We reached..... for Filip Johanson :help:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ugh I wanted Minnesota to reach with their first and grab him. We reached..... for Filip Johanson :help:
Hey, I would've been happy with Veleno. Madden wasn't actually on my radar, though I actually knew him, and watched him play numerous times when he was younger. You don't have to worry about "want to" with that kid, anyway.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Hey, I would've been happy with Veleno. Madden wasn't actually on my radar, though I actually knew him, and watched him play numerous times when he was younger. You don't have to worry about "want to" with that kid, anyway.

Want to? What does that mean

avalancheboi

Nov 16, 2018
Aurora
Hey Avs scouts I think we could’ve used this guy more than a shot-in-the-dark goalie prospect! Biggest steal of the draft AINEC. Should’ve been a first rounder, and probably closer to pick 20-25 range than 26-31 range.

Reactions: AmericanDream

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Canucks have to seriously lock up Judd Brackett to a lifetime contract before another team makes him a GM.
I seem to recall going over to the Canucks board and assuring you that Madden was not the bad pick that many were calling it at the time.

It's still early, and lots of college players don't even make a successful leap to the AHL, let alone the NHL, but with Ty at least you'll know that hockey has his full attention, and that he is hungry to be a NHL'er.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes