Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Reactions: William H Bonney

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Eh its somewhat expected.

He basically played in Hughes(and his side kick caufields) shadow.
And Turcotte, Boldy, Knight and York. Didn’t seem to hurt any of them much in draft position, though, as all 7 of them went in the top 15.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This kind of stuff is why I don't think it was crazy he got floated at the 3-spot in this draft

Yeah, his path may be a bit longer than some of the other kids in the discussion for those top 5 spots because I do worry about him getting stuck on the wing if he's rushed...a la Kyle Connor...but the realistic-ceiling on this kid is absolutely delightful.

I really wanted the Avs to draft him at 4.
Holy balls.

Told you there was a reason why henchy & I got so hard for him this past draft season :laugh:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Zegras at 3 and Cozens outside of the top ten? I like how your scouts saw that draft; with those two players, at least.

KBstyle

Aug 3, 2005
Those kind of play are done by feeling and seeing a teammate couple second before. He knows someone should be there and he made the play, to me it show that he have good hockey sense and great instinct.

This is something you can't learn, you just have it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Zegras should've went somewhere between 3-5 with Byram and Turcotte. Ducks should be very happy as they got a kid that should supplant Getzlaf as their franchise C few years down the road.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, his path may be a bit longer than some of the other kids in the discussion for those top 5 spots because I do worry about him getting stuck on the wing if he's rushed...a la Kyle Connor...but the realistic-ceiling on this kid is absolutely delightful.

I really wanted the Avs to draft him at 4.

I think the Avs are pretty happy with Bryam who could turn out to have the best career of the 19 draft players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad