C Semyon Der-Arguchintsev - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 76th, TOR)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
If he slipped to this years draft, where do you think he would have gone after his last OHL season?
It’s hard to say. The stock booster was that he was still 17 and up with the Leafs late in the preseason last year. The OHL season was not what was expected of him, and frankly his stock probably would’ve been similar, around the 3rd round range, maybe even later based on being on being one of the oldest in the class and only scoring a handful of goals. Glad to see him back on track and soaring with Robertson and Kirk now,

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Dont take that poster seriously. He is a Canucks fan in pretty sure who ****s on the leafs. He also is overly biased against lilijgren just due to the sweater he wears.
I’m a Leafs fan who doesn’t suckle the teet of every prospect we have. SDA will never be an NHLer and Liljegren is nothing more than bottom pairing dman. I love Sandin, Robertson and many others we’ve picked.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I’m a Leafs fan who doesn’t suckle the teet of every prospect we have. SDA will never be an NHLer and Liljegren is nothing more than bottom pairing dman. I love Sandin, Robertson and many others we’ve picked.

And with that you are blocked. The only posts I see you make are shitposting anything Leaf related and frankly I'm tired of seeing it.

You have no f***ing clue what you are talking about and you are making wild judgments about young players.

See ya loser

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Dude has terrific vision and really good hands. I think he has pretty good defensive instincts too. Good skater, though not explosive - at the NHL level his skating could be seen as a slight weakness at his size. And obviously his main weaknesses are size and goal scoring - he's small and has a mediocre shot that he doesn't use much.

I feel very unsure about how he'll turn out. He's got the potential to be a good middle 6 forward, but could also fail to make it in the NHL. In terms of Leafs prospects, I feel that Sandin, Robertson, and to a lesser extent Liljegren are all strong bets to be quality NHLers, while SDR is way more up in the air.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Lots of slick, slight productive junior centres never have a whiff of the NHL. Leafs might have one with the Marlies...Brooks.
I remember a slight centre with Peterborough was questioned if he had the "toughs" to make in the rough NHL back in the 80s. Steve Yzerman.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Is he actually a terrible skater though? When I have seen him it looks to me like he has good edge work he is just lacking straight line speed. To me that isn't what I would classify as a terrible skater.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Peter Worrells skating and Ryan Strome’s skating in junior are not comparable, try again.
Do you even know what you are responding to?

I responded to someone saying "I don't think he would be in the OHL if he was a terrible skater". Well Strome 100% was a terrible skater in the OHL the last 3 years. It's what is keeping him from being effective in the AHL let alone the NHL. He has the hands, the size, the IQ, but can't move quick enough.

In no way am I saying SDA skates like them as I have not watched him. But I am 100% certain there are terrible skaters in the OHL..and all 3 Jr leagues. And the team I follow drafted one just a few years ago in Strome.

Case closed.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is he actually a terrible skater though? When I have seen him it looks to me like he has good edge work he is just lacking straight line speed. To me that isn't what I would classify as a terrible skater.

He's a small dude. Hasn't matured physically yet it seems.

As he does, he'll add power to his legs, and he'll become more explosive.

Not in anyway worried with his skating

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad