Confirmed with Link: C/RW Ryan White, 1 year/$1 million

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
No. He's a HUUUUUGE pain in the ass. He really crawls under the skin of the opposition.

ryan-white.gif

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Good to know. Hopefully he's not in the box too much though or he'll end up healthy scratched.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I love this signing. Finally some grit on the fourth line. Love Ryan White.

He's an interesting night player. I'm pretty sure he's lost every fight he's ever been in. And he's been in a lot of them. Haha. He's got heart, that's for sure. Very annoying player to play against.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He's an interesting night player. I'm pretty sure he's lost every fight he's ever been in. And he's been in a lot of them. Haha. He's got heart, that's for sure. Very annoying player to play against.

wzsq4v39au1blk9sjz3q.gif

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When he's healthy he can be a good player. He's got some discipline issues, though. Not as bad as Downie. Not near as tough, either. But probably more focused on hockey, which is good. This is fine. I'm excited to see him play for us.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
When he's healthy he can be a good player. He's got some discipline issues, though. Not as bad as Downie. Not near as tough, either. But probably more focused on hockey, which is good. This is fine. I'm excited to see him play for us.

Even Downie wasn't as bad as Downie's rep.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
So, he's a dirty angry a hole. Awesome, we need that. I wonder if this means hank is AHL bound regardless. That last video is great. He saw a questionable hit and declared war. No,"Hey we're fighting", gloves off go time. Great.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I don't want to be that guy, but you all know DT is going to be a leash on this guy. Every tough/crazy player we've brought in has been immediately neutered.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't want to be that guy, but you all know DT is going to be a leash on this guy. Every tough/crazy player we've brought in has been immediately neutered.

Well, except Raffi Torres, who neutered himself through injury or suspension every time he started looking like he was worth more than a plugged nickel.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Very valid concern. Also kind of answers the question of it Tip didn't want the other tough guys we've brought in and subsequently benched or buried in the A.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Flyers fan here. He's a decent 4th liner with a lot of heart, but he isn't a terribly good hockey player. Has some grit and sandpaper to his game, and actually scored a few goals as the net front presence on the Flyers horrible PP2 last year. Isn't anything to write home about defensively, but was able to chip in 11 goals, although that may be an outlier. Also, he isn't some amazing fighter, but he is always willing to step up for his teammates (e.g fighting Boulton). He's tougher than Downie, and not nearly as much of a loose cannon.

Best of luck to Whitey!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3