C/RW Michael McCarron (2013, 25th, MTL)

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Habs fans must be drooling at this guy's development.

What are the chances of a callup this season, let's say if one of your centers get injured?

BigMacAttack*

Nov 15, 2015

What are the chances of a callup this season, let's say if one of your centers get injured?

If a C gets hurt there is a pretty good chance he gets called up but Eller is a natural C so he would probably move back to C. I would let Mccarron play in the ahl all through the regular season then call him up for the playoffs if we dont get a top 6 player at the TDL.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

I would say close to none

First Eller would be move back to center

Then Hudon, DLR and maybe even Dumont would be called up before big mac

I'm sure the plan is to let him play at least a full year in the AHL.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Going to be annoying reading/hearing about how we need to call him up (it has already started after this game)...he went through a 6 game pointless streak recently. The Habs can not get influenced by this 1 game.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Second hat trick of the AHL season for Mike McCarron-MTL. T-4th in the AHL in goals.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Going to be annoying reading/hearing about how we need to call him up (it has already started after this game)...he went through a 6 game pointless streak recently. The Habs can not get influenced by this 1 game.

Just like the hoards of TML fans wanting Nylander up - there should be a echoing shout of "keep him down!"

This will be a great progression year for McCarron and should give him the opportunity to come into your guys camp hungry to make the team.

How he has progressed in my eyes has been crazy - I remember going to a Knights game a few years ago and watching him lumber around the ice on their 4th line, like a baby giraffe. That image stuck in my head when he was traded to the Generals and figured we had nothing more than a big body, low skill forward. Boy was I wrong, he was instrumental in that teams memorial cup success - he did all the little things and seemed like a coach's dream.

Last edited:

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Boy was I wrong, he was instrumental in that teams memorial cup success - he did all the little things and seemed like a coaches dream.

Exactly right. I remember loving his interviews from day one. He just seemed like a good, honest, hard-working kid who was absolutely determined to improve and do whatever it takes to make it.

Hearing him talk and watching his progress, "coach's dream" is exactly the phrase that popped to mind.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
He's proving me wrong more and more each day. Can't wait to see if he can continue to make me eat crow when he gets a shot in the NHL. :)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He will never be able to develop his puck skills/offensive play in the NHL IMO, he'd be regulated to be a 4th liner playing style and develop into that. Sure he'll be able to be a 4th liner today but the goal is to make him minimum top 9 fwd in the NHL. For that I think he'll need to continue to carry the Ice Caps to the playoffs and be that go to guy.

His growth has been good and there is no need to bring him up prematurely just because the NHL team is slumping. Getting 1st liner minutes in the AHL is working and he just overcame his first slump. Therrien isn't the type of coach who'll displace veterans in place of rookies. He hasn't even completely trusted Galchenyuk yet and we're in year 4 in the NHL.

25-30 g / 55-60 pts in the AHL as a rookie #1 center would be amazing.

BigMacAttack*

Nov 15, 2015
He will never be able to develop his puck skills/offensive play in the NHL IMO, he'd be regulated to be a 4th liner playing style and develop into that. Sure he'll be able to be a 4th liner today but the goal is to make him minimum top 9 fwd in the NHL. For that I think he'll need to continue to carry the Ice Caps to the playoffs and be that go to guy.

His growth has been good and there is no need to bring him up prematurely just because the NHL team is slumping. Getting 1st liner minutes in the AHL is working and he just overcame his first slump. Therrien isn't the type of coach who'll displace veterans in place of rookies. He hasn't even completely trusted Galchenyuk yet and we're in year 4 in the NHL.

25-30 g / 55-60 pts in the AHL as a rookie #1 center would be amazing.

He trusted Gallagher, like other people mentioned before Mac is like a coach's dream so I think Therrien wont treat him the way he does Galchenyuk.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
If a C gets hurt there is a pretty good chance he gets called up but Eller is a natural C so he would probably move back to C. I would let Mccarron play in the ahl all through the regular season then call him up for the playoffs if we dont get a top 6 player at the TDL.

Why everyone wants to do that kind of stuff? Not singling you out, btw. A lot of posters want a prospect X to stay in the AHL all year and then get called up... for the playoffs?

Barring injuries, why the hell would you want to do that? :help:

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Why everyone wants to do that kind of stuff? Not singling you out, btw. A lot of posters want a prospect X to stay in the AHL all year and then get called up... for the playoffs?

Well and who's to say St. Johns' season isn't longer than Montreal's?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

I know this is a response to a 2 month old post but:
Before his first call-up 28GP 13G 11A 24PTS -1
Since being reassigned 26GP 2G 8A 10PTS -8

Calling guys up & sending them back down can play with their emotions & mess with their offensive rhythm.

I can't speak for the people that want prospects called back up for the playoffs but there's good reason to want prospects to stay put for the entire season.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I know this is a response to a 2 month old post but:
Before his first call-up 28GP 13G 11A 24PTS -1
Since being reassigned 26GP 2G 8A 10PTS -8

Calling guys up & sending them back down can play with their emotions & mess with their offensive rhythm.

I can't speak for the people that want prospects called back up for the playoffs but there's good reason to want prospects to stay put for the entire season.

People who follow the team said he was slowing down before the call-up. The slowdown coincided with his promotion in the lineup. Playing more minutes, tougher opponents and so on.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
All that being said, he looked good with Montreal tonight.Safe bet he is a regular NHLer very soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad