C/RW Maddox Fleming - Univ of Notre Dame (2022 undrafted)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He has so far played in total of 43 games "this season" (18-19 season + games after the season ended)
45 goals and 62 assists, 107 points with 2.59 ppg as a 14 and 15 year old.

2 different leagues and in several different prospect tournaments.
- he was injured in one point, so he couldn't play in the play-offs (missed 1 or 2 reg games too)
his team got defeated in the 1st round.

In 18-19 season he played vs players who were mostly 16, 17 and 18 year old in the USHS-MN,
he played in the USHS-MN in the 17-18 season as well as a 13 and 14 year old.

This year (not this season, this year) he has mostly played vs players of his own age group.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It started off as annoying and random but I think hes established himself as a top 5 or even top 3 pick for the 22 draft.

To early to say 2022 is f***ing loaded with talent so far Savoie, Wright, Lambert, Devine, Lucius, Persson, Miroshnichenko, Slafkovsky, Geekie, Kemmel. It's still 3 years out and there are already a bunch of names popping up for potential 1st rounders and more will come over the next 3 seasons.

Reactions: wetcoast

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The 04s are also the strongest Finnish crop in years at this point. A lot can change but it'll be very interesting to see how the 2022 draft unfolds, could potentially rival 2015.

I'd still like to see his Maddox guy playing some international matches or against a bit older competition. But if he's on the ntdp program I guess that won't be an issue.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
The 04s are also the strongest Finnish crop in years at this point. A lot can change but it'll be very interesting to see how the 2022 draft unfolds, could potentially rival 2015.

I'd still like to see his Maddox guy playing some international matches or against a bit older competition. But if he's on the ntdp program I guess that won't be an issue.

He has. 18-19 & 17-18 season in the USHS-MN, mostly against 17 and 18 year olds,
there were 16 and 15 year old as well. Maddox has started the seasons as a 14 year old and as a 13 year old.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Shattuck has a tryout process which takes place when they first get to school, which will determine whether he plays for the Prep or U16 team.

28-7-2019 10-42-20.jpg

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
To early to say 2022 is ****ing loaded with talent so far Savoie, Wright, Lambert, Devine, Lucius, Persson, Miroshnichenko, Slafkovsky, Geekie, Kemmel. It's still 3 years out and there are already a bunch of names popping up for potential 1st rounders and more will come over the next 3 seasons.

Agree and although it's very early it looks like an elite top end draft year and it will be exciting to see how these players develop.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
If anyone can answer, are the showcase games part of their normal season?
- or is a showcase similar to exhibition
Which showcase?
I used to live 15 mins from shattuck and watched a ton of games. If they do it like they used to, they played a team (it was Norway's frisk asker) in the early weeks of september as one of the days of tryouts, usually beating the hell out of them since everyone wants to prove what they can do. remember kids leaving the school since they didn't make the team they wanted pretty early in september so we'll know before long

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Which showcase?
I used to live 15 mins from shattuck and watched a ton of games. If they do it like they used to, they played a team (it was Norway's frisk asker) in the early weeks of september as one of the days of tryouts, usually beating the hell out of them since everyone wants to prove what they can do. remember kids leaving the school since they didn't make the team they wanted pretty early in september so we'll know before long

I dunno... looking at the u16 team 2019-2020 scedule
Shattuck-St. Mary's School

3 different showcases: 1 in September (@ Minnesota), 1 in October (@ North Dakota), 1 in November (@ New Jersey)
December 6th-15th, January 10th-12th SSM Showcase @ Shattuck St.Mary's,
they only play those Showcase games in the span of December 6th - January 12th

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I dunno... looking at the u16 team 2019-2020 scedule
Shattuck-St. Mary's School

3 different showcases: 1 in September (@ Minnesota), 1 in October (@ North Dakota), 1 in November (@ New Jersey)
December 6th-15th, January 10th-12th SSM Showcase @ Shattuck St.Mary's,
they only play those Showcase games in the span of December 6th - January 12th
Yeah they are all as real as it gets for 16u aaa hockey. For the prep team, they used to* play those early elite league games 'at' (or rather 'during') the NAHL showcase in Blaine. It is very well scouted due to that.

If fleming is the real deal, we can expect him to make the prep team. Otherwise he will get a chance to kill it in 16s.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yeah they are all as real as it gets for 16u aaa hockey. For the prep team, they play those early elite league games 'at' (or rather 'during') the NAHL showcase in Blaine. It is very well scouted due to that.

If fleming is the real deal, we can expect him to make the prep team. Otherwise he will get a chance to kill it in 16s.

So the Prep is the better one? i forgot.
i remember now, someone posted few months ago how Nathan MacKinnon was sent to the U16 team, worked out just fine for him thou ;)

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
u16 team 19-20 team has scheduled for total of 50 games (at least), according to Shattuck's website.
They usually get above that number counting nationals. Unlike most AAA teams, all of the relevant SSM teams (14/16/prep-u18) have their kids living on campus and the resources to host whatever games they want, as well as send them around the country to whatever events they'd like to be at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad