C/RW Jonatan Berggren - Skelleftea, SWE JRs (2018, 33rd, DET)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If we wanted Berggen, we would have needed to trade for a late 1st pick (top 32). The value for a late 1st would be the 35th + either the 38th or 56th. So it wouldve been something like Ylonen + Olofsson. We picked romanov 38th, but most were expecting us to pick a guy like Thomas.

This is mostly incorrect.
Value charts are variable from year to year but you can refer to this chart for a rough idea of each pick.
38 + 62 or even 66 for say 32, on a pure value standpoint, would've been more than enough. The Blues for example gave up a mid 3rd to move up from from 29th to 25th.

Anyways this is a good start for him, hopefully he gets good ice going forward.

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
This is mostly incorrect.
Value charts are variable from year to year but you can refer to this chart for a rough idea of each pick.

38 + 62 or even 66 for say 32, on a pure value standpoint, would've been more than enough. The Blues for example gave up a mid 3rd to move up from from 29th to 25th.

Either way, it was reported Bergevin tried to acquire a late 1st round pick using his 2nd round picks, but found no takers.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like to see him together with Kivenmaki in the same line , both small , fast skill. they just need power forward . similar to Homer or Aby with Datsyuk and Z

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I like to see him together with Kivenmaki in the same line , both small , fast skill. they just need power forward . similar to Homer or Aby with Datsyuk and Z
Kivenmaki remains a longshot to be an NHLer, despite the skill. Berggren should complement players like Larkin, Rasmussen, Veleno nicely though.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kivenmaki remains a longshot to be an NHLer, despite the skill. Berggren should complement players like Larkin, Rasmussen, Veleno nicely though.
I don't see much difference between them, Berggren needs at list 2-3 years

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I love we got him , but it is just our 7 rounder and Gogolev makes me so much more existing for the future of DRW

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I love we got him , but it is just our 7 rounder and Gogolev makes me so much more existing for the future of DRW
I'm confused now.

You ARE excited about the 2nd round pick that a lot of people should have went much higher in Berggren?
And you like the 130lb 7th rounder that nobody heard of 3 months ago Kivenmaki just as much?
But Kivenmaki is just a 7th rounder?
And you like the undrafted guy in Gogolev much more than both?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'm confused now.

You ARE excited about the 2nd round pick that a lot of people should have went much higher in Berggren?
And you like the 130lb 7th rounder that nobody heard of 3 months ago Kivenmaki just as much?
But Kivenmaki is just a 7th rounder?
And you like the undrafted guy in Gogolev much more than both?
there was unknown guy drafted at 6 round in 1998 and he was the best player of the draft. there was undrafted Martin St. Louis . Cross my fingers , hope the best for all our prospects , that's all

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Anyone watched Berggren this season? The production isn't there. I had higher expectations for this season, he was one of the best player at the U18 and dominated the SuperElit last season.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Anyone watched Berggren this season? The production isn't there. I had higher expectations for this season, he was one of the best player at the U18 and dominated the SuperElit last season.
yeah it's wierd i realy thought him and ylonen would be pulling better numbers... still young tho.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He's only 18. I wouldn't worry about it.

He's 11th in points amongst under 19 players in the SHL. A lot of guys his age don't even play in the SHL. He's got plenty of time to get his footing and turn things around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad