C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How is Rasmus doing? Has he recovered from the injury he got in WJC and is he participating on LA training camp?

My local area newspaper (his home town area) had a good story about him, earlier this week. (or was it last week)
He is 100% healthy and 120% exited for the LA training camp, yes he will be there.

He is in great shape, he is now much stronger what year ago, spent great deal of time at the gym
and spent time with coaches too, so he has worked his game as well, his weaknesses.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kupari definitely needs to take a step forward this year lest he risk being passed on the depth chart. I hope he can settle into a third line energy/scoring role at the very least for LA. Glad to hear he’s healthy and ready for camp!

Reactions: Pardus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Had the (AHL exhibition) game winning shootout goal vs. the Baby Sharks, and new coach seems to like him even if all of this sounds really familiar--but mostly, it's super encouraging that he's back and making an impact:

"I thought our returner that really impacted the game, Kupari, had a steady presence, 200 feet. His line, almost whenever he was out there seemed to have the ice tilted in our favor.

More on Kupari

I liked his impact on the game. I can’t say that I loved his impact, I really liked it. It’s a good base point for us. I thought that he was, he had a presence in the 200-foot game, whether it was a tracking clip or something where he would gain the puck in open ice. He found himself into open ice quite often today, which was great to see, so he gets to use that speed. The one thing that I’ll talk to him about is being able to and making sure that he understands once he gets into the solid ice, the grade-A opportunity ice, that he goes into attack mode. I thought a couple of times — there were three instances etched into my brain after the game, where he could have gone hard to the rack or ripped a shot and he deferred to something like a little pullup. Or maybe just trying something a little too cute when he was right in that grade-A scoring zone. But that that’s gonna happen. I mean the guy hasn’t played a game in 15 months, so I’m nitpicking."

Reign Win 3-2 in SO: Coach Wrobo Postgame Quotes, Byfield Injured

(not sure who his linemates were)

Reactions: ru4reals

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Looks like with Byfield injured, Ontario's top line is Madden - Kupari - Kaliyev

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Had a very good showing in preseason. Madden, Thomas, Kaliyev stole the show, but glad to see Kupari's skating seems to be relatively unaffected and his game is there. Now to see if he elevates this year with what's looking to be a stacked reign team (Byfield, Turcotte, Madden, Thomas, Kaliyev, Kupari, Fagemo...etc...)

Reactions: kilowatt

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
He stepped up on that first line after Byfield went down and never looked back. His stride is there, creates chances but he's been snakebitten goal wise but still puts up pts. 3 in the last game. I think he will do very well with talent around him. Going to be interesting on how Wrobo will manage those 4 centers. (QB, Turcotte, Kupari, Thomas)

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
He stepped up on that first line after Byfield went down and never looked back. His stride is there, creates chances but he's been snakebitten goal wise but still puts up pts. 3 in the last game. I think he will do very well with talent around him. Going to be interesting on how Wrobo will manage those 4 centers. (QB, Turcotte, Kupari, Thomas)

I honestly see Kempe as a decent comparison for Kupari, and it would be really great to have another Kempe. The Kings hadn't had high picks in such a long time that we perhaps set expectations loftier than were reasonable for Kupari. It's exciting that he no longer needs to be "the guy", but if he can be a solid contributor, it will be a huge boon for LA.

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
I honestly see Kempe as a decent comparison for Kupari, and it would be really great to have another Kempe. The Kings hadn't had high picks in such a long time that we perhaps set expectations loftier than were reasonable for Kupari. It's exciting that he no longer needs to be "the guy", but if he can be a solid contributor, it will be a huge boon for LA.

I agree with the Kempe comparable but I think Kupari has more vision(better playmaker), uses his linemates better. Kempe has more power(when he wants to use it) and a better shot. They both have some competiviness.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
I agree with the Kempe comparable but I think Kupari has more vision(better playmaker), uses his linemates better. Kempe has more power(when he wants to use it) and a better shot. They both have some competiviness.

Yeah, they don't have the exact same style of play, but I would imagine their impact on the team will be similar: solid complementary pieces.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He's always "snakebitten". Maybe he's just not that good of a finisher.

Good to hear that he's playing well though.

Reactions: Osprey

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Starting the season as the Ontario 3C on a line with Brett Sutter and Fagemo. and don't think that's an indictment of his play because he's been good--he's just behind a line of Turcotte-Madden-Kaliyev and Akil Thomas at 2C. Seems they want him at C?

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
He dropped in the prospect list(s) because of his slow NA start last year and WJC injury. I never gave up on him. The talent is there, size, skating, vision etc.... all he needed was some maturity and he is now showing what he could do when he puts it all togther. One full season in the AHL and next year he can make the jump.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
He dropped in the prospect list(s) because of his slow NA start last year and WJC injury. I never gave up on him. The talent is there, size, skating, vision etc.... all he needed was some maturity and he is now showing what he could do when he puts it all togther. One full season in the AHL and next year he can make the jump.

Definitely. Most prospcects need some time to mature. I think guys like Kupari, Clague, JAD, and perhaps even Vilardi were victims of prospect fatigue more than anything. They all look great right now.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I know we're all eager to see what these guys can do in the NHL but, other than Vilardi who was drafted earliest, was elite at a younger age, and has paid his dues; I need to see these guys destroy all in the AHL first. We have the luxury of taking our time...we might as well take it. We aren't going to be the next Buffalo or Ottawa or Edmonton.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Theres a glaring hole at 4C right now with JAD out and Amadio being Amadio, give the kid his chance and see if he can make the spot his. He led the AHL in scoring on the bottom team, give him his chance and see how he runs with it. The younger kids still need time but theres no harm in giving him an opportunity base purely on his play this year

Reactions: Lt Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad