C Raphael Lavoie - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2019, 38th, EDM)

db56

May 19, 2013
novascotia
putting up big number for the mooseheads right now. 15 goals 21 assist in 41 games. here his goals from the weekend

what do you guys see in him for the nhl

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Honestly the amount of high-quality forward talent coming out of all parts of Canada for the 2019 draft is absurd. I whole-heartedly believe any of Krebs, Dach, Cozens, Pelletier, Suzuki, Lavoie, Parent, etc etc etc (literally can easily think of a dozen more) could be top-5 selections, and the D pool is damn good, too. And then Byfield and Lafreniere the next year, both of whom are probably better than anyone except maybe Hughes? Just ridiculous. Very fun time to be an avid CHL prospect follower.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Honestly the amount of high-quality forward talent coming out of all parts of Canada for the 2019 draft is absurd. I whole-heartedly believe any of Krebs, Dach, Cozens, Pelletier, Suzuki, Lavoie, Parent, etc etc etc (literally can easily think of a dozen more) could be top-5 selections, and the D pool is damn good, too. And then Byfield and Lafreniere the next year, both of whom are probably better than anyone except maybe Hughes? Just ridiculous. Very fun time to be an avid CHL prospect follower.
It is why I always roll my eyes when I hear the people talking about some kind of "fall" in Canadian hockey. There was a normal dip after like a decade of Canada producing a ridiculous quality of NHL players...and even then it hasn't been that bad. It is predictably looking like it is swinging back the other way now. Shocker.

Reactions: 99664987

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Caught the game last night. Half the Moose minute was dedicated to how well Lavoie has been playing lately. 13 points in his last 5 games mostly without Zadina. Said the scouts are buzzing about this kid. Big strong with good overall speed but also can kick it in and has breakaway speed. Slices through defences with ease and has great balance and hands for a big kid. Goes in corners but is shy of contact at this point. Needs to develop the defensive game. Is quite good on the dot. He takes right side face offs and Somppi takes center and left side face offs. Although it's quite early he plays a game very similar to a young Rick Nash. Xavier Parent is also very talented. These two 2019s are really driving the Mooseheads up the CHL rankings. Just about all of Lavoies goals are highlight quality and has some game winners and overtime markers. Somebody with access should produce a reel. The overall package would be quite entertaining.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Caught the game last night. Half the Moose minute was dedicated to how well Lavoie has been playing lately. 13 points in his last 5 games mostly without Zadina. Said the scouts are buzzing about this kid. Big strong with good overall speed but also can kick it in and has breakaway speed. Slices through defences with ease and has great balance and hands for a big kid. Goes in corners but is shy of contact at this point. Needs to develop the defensive game. Is quite good on the dot. He takes right side face offs and Somppi takes center and left side face offs. Although it's quite early he plays a game very similar to a young Rick Nash. Xavier Parent is also very talented. These two 2019s are really driving the Mooseheads up the CHL rankings. Just about all of Lavoies goals are highlight quality and has some game winners and overtime markers. Somebody with access should produce a reel. The overall package would be quite entertaining.
Geez, I keep on forgetting that he’s not even elligible to be drafted for another year!

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Looks like he does the back breaker when he celebrates a goal. 6 game winners 3 overtime winners. Maybe it's appropriate

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I can honestly see him going in the first round next year. He is just continuously progressing all year long. If he finishes PPG or close to it this year he should be set to really tear into the league next year in his draft season.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Throw in another winner OTG against Moncton tonight. Moved into the top 20 scorers and is 6th in the league in DS

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

You either need to post this on the main boards or I will copy and paste this quote. It's why I always chuckle when people say there's some weird downfall of Canadian hockey. Sure, the game is more expansive, but Canadians being the best will never change. It moves in cycles. With the amount of obscene talent that entered from Canada from like 2008 to 2015 (Tavares, Stamkos, McDavid, Marner, Doughty etc), there will be a shortage for a bit. Still way more top end talent than anyone else. Now it's back to another wave after 2016 and 2017 being very non-Canadian top heavy (post 2018 that is, as the top 5-10 isn't Canadian at all in 2018).

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
You either need to post this on the main boards or I will copy and paste this quote. It's why I always chuckle when people say there's some weird downfall of Canadian hockey. Sure, the game is more expansive, but Canadians being the best will never change. It moves in cycles. With the amount of obscene talent that entered from Canada from like 2008 to 2015 (Tavares, Stamkos, McDavid, Marner, Doughty etc), there will be a shortage for a bit. Still way more top end talent than anyone else. Now it's back to another wave after 2016 and 2017 being very non-Canadian top heavy (post 2018 that is, as the top 5-10 isn't Canadian at all in 2018).
Go right ahead, mate! I agree with everything you’ve said here.

Reactions: Apotheosis

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I can see this guy going top 15 next year...he has amazing size, but he is very agile, excellent skating speed and acceleration, he has very creative hands with the puck, drives to the net, great on the rush, does stuff at high speed, has a good shot, good passer and has good hockey sense...he still looks a bit awkward at time with certain things but this kid is growing into his huge body and once he starts filling out with muscle this guy is going to be scary good.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
If there was any scouts at the game last night they would be gushing all over that performance. Gonna be interesting today to see how he does against one of the better defences in the league with 1st place in the Maritime division on the line. Probably the biggest game he's played so far and could generate a little more buzz around himself with a good showing.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Pretty mediocre game from the big man yesterday. Still he's a big presence when he's on the ice. He stopped himself a couple times tripping over his own feet and losing the handle a couple times but he's gotta get used to that big frame. He shows some really good smarts but isn't always in cinque with his line mates. Puck is always around him. He needs to work on his anticipation on the forecheck and backcheck. Also needs to take better lines to the puck carrier and finish checks. He's come a long way and has star potential. There's a lot to like about this player. I'm a big fan

Reactions: Acadien86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad