C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
High chance Krebs will be traded. Kootenay has started the rebuild.

Sounds like he is on the block from what I hear. He'll easily be the hottest commodity on the market. I wonder if PA will go after him. This is their chance to do some major damage and Krebs as their 2C would make them ridiculously deep. I'd imagine the Ice would want Guhle+. Building around Guhle and Lambos as their top pairing would be big for them, especially if they land Savoie.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Sounds like he is on the block from what I hear. He'll easily be the hottest commodity on the market. I wonder if PA will go after him. This is their chance to do some major damage and Krebs as their 2C would make them ridiculously deep. I'd imagine the Ice would want Guhle+. Building around Guhle and Lambos as their top pairing would be big for them, especially if they land Savoie.
Give Krebs a chance to show what he can do with real support and Guhle ample playing time in a stroke. I hope this happens.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I imagine the teams that trade for him will be one of Everett, Red Deer, Prince Albert, Lethbridge, Saskatoon or Edmonton. It really depends on which team can trade what Kootenay would deem to be of a significant value to them and I would imagine the team that would still be contending going into 2019-20 because I think there's a good chance right now Krebs is in the WHL come next season. It wouldn't make sense to trade for him just to go into a rebuild and trade him again.

If I were to pick the right suiter this very moment I'd probably have to say Lethbridge or Edmonton make the most sense out of the rest of the WHL, but it might not happen due to the rivalry, but everytime I think about rivalries in the WHL I always remember that the Wheat Kings traded Schenn to the Blades. I imagine Kelowna would be the best fit for him, but where they are as we speak I wouldn't imagine it being a possibility. But if they were to get him, I think they'll possibly be contenders again, would be valuable to do it for their Memorial Cup bid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Wouldn't be surprised at all if Lethbridge or Kelowna got him.

Everett has some nice young pieces to trade for him though (Berezowski, Lyda, Vitelli, Seeley, Anderson)

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I imagine the teams that trade for him will be one of Everett, Red Deer, Prince Albert, Lethbridge, Saskatoon or Edmonton. It really depends on which team can trade what Kootenay would deem to be of a significant value to them and I would imagine the team that would still be contending going into 2019-20 because I think there's a good chance right now Krebs is in the WHL come next season. It wouldn't make sense to trade for him just to go into a rebuild and trade him again.

If I were to pick the right suiter this very moment I'd probably have to say Lethbridge or Edmonton make the most sense out of the rest of the WHL, but it might not happen due to the rivalry, but everytime I think about rivalries in the WHL I always remember that the Wheat Kings traded Schenn to the Blades. I imagine Kelowna would be the best fit for him, but where they are as we speak I wouldn't imagine it being a possibility. But if they were to get him, I think they'll possibly be contenders again, would be valuable to do it for their Memorial Cup bid.

Wonder if PA goes after him and then tries to sell him to Kelowna next year to recoup some assets.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wouldn't be surprised at all if Lethbridge or Kelowna got him.

Everett has some nice young pieces to trade for him though (Berezowski, Lyda, Vitelli, Seeley, Anderson)

I think Lethbridge is pretty much done trading after getting Lechyshyn and Henry. They already traded their 2019 1st, Swifts 2020 1st + Kolle and Joseph. And conditional picks on Lech and Henry coming back for their 20 year old season (unlikely). I suppose they could move Stringer and Boyko.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Fight Guy

Jan 9, 2005
You guys do realize he is 17, hey? Only way he can be traded is if he requests it or agrees to it. While it is possible, I don't think he is going anywhere. Krebs is who they are building around. The six 17 year olds and three 16 year olds in their forward group will tell you this. He will also cost a fortune as he is a 17 year old who is already an impact player who will likely be in the league for two and a half more years. I dont see him jumping to the NHL at 19.

Also...you can not trade signed 15 and 16 year olds...so Stringer and Boyko also not going anywhere.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
You guys do realize he is 17, hey? Only way he can be traded is if he requests it or agrees to it. While it is possible, I don't think he is going anywhere. Krebs is who they are building around. The six 17 year olds and three 16 year olds in their forward group will tell you this. He will also cost a fortune as he is a 17 year old who is already an impact player who will likely be in the league for two and a half more years. I dont see him jumping to the NHL at 19.

Also...you can not trade signed 15 and 16 year olds...so Stringer and Boyko also not going anywhere.

its a close one

hes got high value and its not like they are going to be competitive next season or probably next. he isnt going to help their team much when they jump back to being strong. theres a chance they develop enough to be decent within two years but theres also a chance he makes the nhl.

safest play is to move him now, the rest of those 17s and even 18s arent proving enough to show they can compete next year.

Fight Guy

Jan 9, 2005
Let's see how they do with more ice time now with all the older guys who have been traded or left the team. These players are 16 and 17 and haven't gotten the most ice time yet. I will be shocked if Krebs goes anywhere. And again, he is 17. There are rules against trading 17s unless they want out and request it. Or this year because they came into the league before the new rules, if they agree to a trade (I believe the latter part is true). Again, I would be shocked as the price would be absolutely ridiculous for a star 17 year old.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Kelowna would love to get him for their mem cup year next year but Saskatoon has the best pieces as they have Regina's 1sts this year and next year while Dach isnt long for the WHL so if Krebs actually is traded this year they're my bet.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

Who would want to play in Cranbrook? :sarcasm:

Reactions: covfefe

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Kootenay has lost their minds if they trade a 17 y/o impending #1 pick to re-rebuild when they've already been the worst team in the WHL for the last 5 years.

They need to be building around this player for the next 2.5 years they have him.

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
Kootenay has lost their minds if they trade a 17 y/o impending #1 pick to re-rebuild when they've already been the worst team in the WHL for the last 5 years.

They need to be building around this player for the next 2.5 years they have him.
I agree with this. They trade Krebs and what do they leave Mclennon in the same spot, with no support? At some point they have to pick someone to rebuild around.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think its wishful thinking to think he will be in the WHL for another 2 seasons. I'd bet one right now. I'd be willing to bet Krebs would agree to a trade to play on a contender and improve his draft position as well.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands

What if Peyton wants to play for a contender? Kootenay will have no choice but to trade him in fear of sticking with an unmotivated player and Hockey Canada putting pressure on the management of Kootenay.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's a good one, if he's traded he's going to get loads of interest around the league. I have him among my top 5-10 players for the 2019 draft.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think its wishful thinking to think he will be in the WHL for another 2 seasons. I'd bet one right now. I'd be willing to bet Krebs would agree to a trade to play on a contender and improve his draft position as well.

What if Peyton wants to play for a contender? Kootenay will have no choice but to trade him in fear of sticking with an unmotivated player and Hockey Canada putting pressure on the management of Kootenay.

If he's demanded a trade that's obviously another thing entirely.

But to trade the first glimmer of light the team has had in 5 years to push competing for a playoff spot even further away, and to do so when the player in question is 17 and has 2.5 seasons of eligibility left, is insanity.

If the team still absolutely sucks in 19-20, you can trade him a year from now and still get a massive haul. There is nothing to gain by doing it now.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

But to trade the first glimmer of light the team has had in 5 years to push competing for a playoff spot even further away, and to do so when the player in question is 17 and has 2.5 seasons of eligibility left, is insanity.

If the team still absolutely sucks in 19-20, you can trade him a year from now and still get a massive haul. There is nothing to gain by doing it now.

Actually there's Matthew Savoie to gain and while I don't think he'll be traded until next year the return would be even bigger now for a team who has a 2-3 year window vs tail end like a Saskatoon team who just happens to have both of Regina's 1sts this year and next.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Actually there's Matthew Savoie to gain and while I don't think he'll be traded until next year the return would be even bigger now for a team who has a 2-3 year window vs tail end like a Saskatoon team who just happens to have both of Regina's 1sts this year and next.

Yeah if Saskatoon offers up Regina's 1st I don't see how you don't go for it and pretty much double your odds of getting Savoie.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

He likely won't demand one but I doubt he'd say no if asked. It's not really insanity when he's pretty much the only glimmer of hope for that time period. Lambos is coming in at 16 next year, probably another 2 years before he becomes much of a factor. McClennon is good but him and Krebs aren't winning any championships alone...

If they have a good shot at probably the best WHL prospect to come along.. really ever... you take it and build around him. Let's be reality Kootenay is not competing for a Cup with Krebs and McClennon as the main pieces and mortgaging the future to build around them is frankly pretty dumb.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Kootenay already has the lowest attendance in the WHL after being the runaway worst team in the league for the last 5 years. That franchise is not in a good place.

If they want to move the team or fold, sure. Keep chasing rainbows and hope for a pot of gold in 2022.

If you want to actually be relevant again, build around the top player you have and start winning fans back.

Also nobody is beating Swift Current to last place this year.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Kootenay already has the lowest attendance in the WHL after being the runaway worst team in the league for the last 5 years. That franchise is not in a good place.

If they want to move the team or fold, sure. Keep chasing rainbows and hope for a pot of gold in 2022.

If you want to actually be relevant again, build around the top player you have and start winning fans back.

Also nobody is beating Swift Current to last place this year.
Well I do expect Kootenay to be in Winnipeg relatively soon and the ownership could want Savoie as the crown jewel to start them off right there building around him, Lambos, McClennon and their own 1st round pick. The WHL does have a lottery so 1st isn't a lock for PG who have Swifts pick. I wouldn't rule out Regina now that they've traded Henry+Leschyshyn or Kootenay if they do move Krebs getting passed by Swift. There's also the rumour that Savoie wouldn't even go to PG if they do get the 1st pick. Again I don't expect him to be moved but with the current situation in Kootenay and where their future is likely heading it's not an impossible outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad