C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
From his recently recreated thread:

“Looks like a first rounder.” How can people be talking about him so blandly? The kid is insanely talented, easily the top talent in the strongest WHL crop in a while. Has as good a shot as anyone at this point at a top-2 selection along with Jack Hughes and IMO has a real chance at being the first player taken next year. What gives?

Hughes will go first it's basically a no brainer at this point. He is destroying the USDP. This is a deep forward class, he could be challenged by a number of guys in the WHL alone that aren't playing as big of minutes right now.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
Saw Hughes live at the recent U17 World Hockey Challenge in Northern BC... he was electric with the puck, so very offensive, fast, drives hard to the net, great nose for the puck and understands how plays develop. Didn't really notice him on the defensive end, which is usually a good thing.

Watched Krebs at the same tournament and he is clearly lesser than Hughes in terms of offense... and I found that he did too much with the puck sometimes, though that may have been a product of him having very little support from his Canada-Red squad.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He was very good tonight against the Cougars as really the only player creating high quality chances for the Ice. Scored a nice goal where he blew past the defence and got to the loose puck before the goalie then made a quick move to score. Was setting teammates up left and right but Gauthier was great and his linemates didnt do a good job of finishing. Hopefully Kootenay can get some more talent around him for next year

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Here is an example of Peyton Krebs Hockey IQ.

Amazing. Everybody’s talking about Dach as a favourite for being taken second or third overall, and I get that as a big, fast 1C is every team’s dream...but aside from size, I really think Krebs is the superior player. I think he’ll consolidate himself as a top-5 pick this season, even as a winger in a draft saturated with highly skilled and protectable centremen.

Reactions: Andy Lehoux

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Amazing. Everybody’s talking about Dach as a favourite for being taken second or third overall, and I get that as a big, fast 1C is every team’s dream...but aside from size, I really think Krebs is the superior player. I think he’ll consolidate himself as a top-5 pick this season, even as a winger in a draft saturated with highly skilled and protectable centremen.
Cozen's looks better than both, imo and so does Turcotte and Newhook.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Right now I think Dach, Krebs and Cozens are all very close to each other. It will be fun to see who will take the lead during the season.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

He played mostly center towards the end of the season and really took off when he started playing there. At this point in time I'd imagine Krebs will be Kootenay's 1C heading into next season. He should be thought of as a center from here on out. Listed as a winger pretty much everywhere though for some reason.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Given that he is listed as a LW/C can we assume he will be a left wing in the NHL?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Given that he is listed as a LW/C can we assume he will be a left wing in the NHL?

I've only watched him play one game, but he was playing center in that game. I'll note that he also took a fair amount of faceoffs last year (584 in 67 games), so it appears he played quite a bit at center.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If I had the first overall pick I'd easily take Cozens. I am also aware of which players are available in the draft, I just believe that Cozens brings a ton more other than production. I think he could lead and be an amazing young veteran going forward like Mark Scheifele. He'll also be a player who'll just get better and better the older he gets. I can also see him potentially cracking an NHL roster the year he gets drafted (pending on whoever drafts him anyway).

Krebs on the other hand I could see being a good number one Left Wing I personally believe he'll likely crack the NHL in 2020-21.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I've only watched him play one game, but he was playing center in that game. I'll note that he also took a fair amount of faceoffs last year (584 in 67 games), so it appears he played quite a bit at center.

Yeah he's damn good on the dot to. And IMO the best defensively out of the 3 WHL centers. He basically became a monster the day they moved him to center and he never looked back. Easily has the worst teammates to work with out of the 3 as well.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If I had the first overall pick I'd easily take Cozens. I am also aware of which players are available in the draft, I just believe that Cozens brings a ton more other than production. I think he could lead and be an amazing young veteran going forward like Mark Scheifele. He'll also be a player who'll just get better and better the older he gets. I can also see him potentially cracking an NHL roster the year he gets drafted (pending on whoever drafts him anyway).

Krebs on the other hand I could see being a good number one Left Wing I personally believe he'll likely crack the NHL in 2020-21.
Wow pump the brakes here

Reactions: Andy Lehoux

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah Krebs is a center as of now and easily could be one going forward. Will be curious how much he's grown over the summer as his brother is huge so even if Peyton doesn't end up as big he should be 6'1 ish safely. For me he's the leader of tier 2 that includes Dach/Cozens/Byram after the tier 1 of Kakko/Hughes.

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad