C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
For me Krebs is the best player out west and the leader of tier 2 after Kakko/Hughes. Has an amazing skill set and combines it with a very advanced 200 ft game for his age. Size won't be an issue for him either so with him adjusting to center well last year I have no doubt he can be one long term

Reactions: 99664987

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think Krebs has the best hockey sense out of Dach and Cozens. I think he's a better shooter than Dach, and a better playmaker than Cozens. But, Cozens and Dach are just so athletic, they're 6'3/6'4, they are great skaters, better skaters than Krebs.

It's tough for me. If Krebs was as quick and as big as Dach and Cozens, I'd take him first. But it's hard to find players like Cozens or Dach who play physical for their great size and can skate like the wind.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I have a funny feeling that NYI is going to “back to the WHL (well)” to try and find a 2C to play behind Barzal.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Excited for the whl season with some superior prospects. Krebs should be getting the same amount of hype as Cozens and Dach. Excellent skater and great i.q.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Keeps producing above a ppg clip even though it's clear Kootenay isn't ready to take the next step and is still a bottom team. A shame he doesn't have more talent around him as with how often he sets up teammates in high danger areas he should reach triple digits this year but likely won't. He's been playing mostly C so far and has looked good in all zones

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Keeps producing above a ppg clip even though it's clear Kootenay isn't ready to take the next step and is still a bottom team. A shame he doesn't have more talent around him as with how often he sets up teammates in high danger areas he should reach triple digits this year but likely won't. He's been playing mostly C so far and has looked good in all zones
I feel like some team is going to get an absolute steal after pick ~15.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Keeps putting Kootenay on his back as he carried them to a 4-3 OT win over Brandon with the OT winner and added 2 assists. Still playing center

I still don't know how literally every big name scouting place still lists this kid as a LW. He's a center and a damn good one on a completely shit team. The only good news for Krebs is the Ice may be moving to Winnipeg soon so he will actually have a crowd to play for.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I still don't know how literally every big name scouting place still lists this kid as a LW. He's a center and a damn good one on a completely **** team. The only good news for Krebs is the Ice may be moving to Winnipeg soon so he will actually have a crowd to play for.
Almost all scouting sources just use whatever the official NHL central scouting list says. So, since he's listed as LW on that, people list him as that in their database (due to that is also where they get heights and weights which they can't get themselves).

edit: Central scouting has him as a center now, you'll likely see a change in the next batch of rankings.

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I still don't know how literally every big name scouting place still lists this kid as a LW. He's a center and a damn good one on a completely **** team. The only good news for Krebs is the Ice may be moving to Winnipeg soon so he will actually have a crowd to play for.
I've thought the crowds have been better but the GM/scouting hasn't been overly great. Getting Savoie would sure help but he's likely going to Swift or Regina(Saskatoon has the pick I think)

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Almost all scouting sources just use whatever the official NHL central scouting list says. So, since he's listed as LW on that, people list him as that in their database (due to that is also where they get heights and weights which they can't get themselves).

edit: Central scouting has him as a center now, you'll likely see a change in the next batch of rankings.

If they actually scouted him in the last season and a bit they'd know he has played center. Lazy scouting if you ask me.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I've thought the crowds have been better but the GM/scouting hasn't been overly great. Getting Savoie would sure help but he's likely going to Swift or Regina(Saskatoon has the pick I think)

Prince George has Swift's pick as well, and they don't have a 2020. Swift is screwed, but that's for another thread. McClennon was a good pick but I probably would of went with Sourdif. Though being in Cranbrook as beautiful as it is, is a tough sell to any youngster. Being in Winnipeg should be a much better draw for kids to play. Much like Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton they are within arms reach of NHL teams who can spread the word a little better.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Prince George has Swift's pick as well, and they don't have a 2020. Swift is screwed, but that's for another thread. McClennon was a good pick but I probably would of went with Sourdif. Though being in Cranbrook as beautiful as it is, is a tough sell to any youngster. Being in Winnipeg should be a much better draw for kids to play. Much like Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton they are within arms reach of NHL teams who can spread the word a little better.
Oh god I forgot the Anderson trade was for 2 1sts, yeesh that's bad. I doubt he'd go to PG so hoping Regina(Saskatoon) gets him. Also so I can selfishly watch Savoie live lol.

Back to Kootenay yeah it'd definitely help if they move to peg and would break the monopoly Brandon has on Manitoba kids too imo.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Krebs had one of the best performances I've seen live tonight vs the Blades. Apart from his offense he was awesome defensively and beat out icings. He had 1G+2A along with the 1st star. 1st assist was an unreal spinning backhand that Maier barely stopped and his teammate quickly burried. 2nd assist was a perfect saucer pass on a 2 on 1 and his goal which was the back breaker was a perfect shot after he stole the puck then did a great job protecting it while he got into the slot. I'd imagine there were plenty of scouts there tonight and Krebs skated circles around Dach(who did have an off night)

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Krebs had one of the best performances I've seen live tonight vs the Blades. Apart from his offense he was awesome defensively and beat out icings. He had 1G+2A along with the 1st star. 1st assist was an unreal spinning backhand that Maier barely stopped and his teammate quickly burried. 2nd assist was a perfect saucer pass on a 2 on 1 and his goal which was the back breaker was a perfect shot after he stole the puck then did a great job protecting it while he got into the slot. I'd imagine there were plenty of scouts there tonight and Krebs skated circles around Dach(who did have an off night)

I still think Krebs would be putting up just as good if not better performances on the Blades as Dach.

Through 17 games Dach has 10 goals and 17 assists for 27 points.
Through 16 games Krebs has 6 goals and 16 assist for 22 points.
I don't think Krebs is that far behind Dach. He just isn't 6'4 so he is automatically rated lower no matter what.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Got his 1st WHL hat trick tonight in a losing effort. He's flying under the radar but he's just as good as the other big 3 out west. Shame he has nothing around him or his numbers would be the same as Dachs.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Got his 1st WHL hat trick tonight in a losing effort. He's flying under the radar but he's just as good as the other big 3 out west. Shame he has nothing around him or his numbers would be the same as Dachs.

I agree. I think a lot of people are sleeping on him. He doesn't have that big frame or the linemates to produce. Still producing in the same realm as Cozens with a far more inferior team but because he isn't 6'3+ he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
The Ice also traded Davis and Hausinger to the Rebels earlier today. They were the 2nd and 3rd highest scorers on the team, respectively.

Is it a possibility they trade Krebs?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think they'd be smart to but I highly doubt they do. The Ice simply don't have the horses to win before Krebs turns pro imo.

I think it's obvious they are tanking for Savoie. Kamloops has done similar moves. With Savoie likely getting exceptional status and a draft lotto where teams can only move up two picks at most it's a race to the bottom 3 now. With Kootenay moving to Winnipeg I think they are hoping to snag Savoie and build around him and Krebs as 1-2 centers with McClennon on the wing and Lambos on D. Worth the gamble IMO. That's an all-star cast that could lead to a Mem Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad