C Oleksii Myklukha - Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, QMJHL (2021 Draft)

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Not that impressed really, its the U18 Slovak league, competition is woeful at best. Should move asap to a better U18 league (Sweden or Finland). A slightly better player in the Slovak league can dominate the league.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Very hard to judge a player's quality in the Slovak u18 league. Based on the results of the Slovak u16 NT, the Slovak 2002 born forwards are a very weak class of forwards. Still, the most productive of them is 20 points behind Mykhlukha in the same number names.

Samuel Knazko seems to be considered one of the top Slovak players born in 2002 (he has played the last international tourney with the u17 NT and has now been moved up to u18 NT, I think and has played 8 games in u20 league) and he has 18 points in 19 games in this league as a D-man.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
This 15 years young guy (born in November 2001) is owning Slovak U 18 league. 24 + 23 in only 26 games.

Ok Ok, it is not a Canadian league. But when a 15 years old boy is so dominant, there must be some talent.

Something doesn't add up

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Just happy to see Ukrainian name popping up in prospect subforum. Rare sight nowadays.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Just happy to see Ukrainian name popping up in prospect subforum. Rare sight nowadays.

Is he eligible to represent Slovakia or only Ukraine? Also there are some names like Khodorenko, Lodnia, Chmelevski but most represent North American countries.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Is he eligible to represent Slovakia or only Ukraine? Also there are some names like Khodorenko, Lodnia, Chmelevski but most represent North American countries.
If i understand the rules correctly, that a guy born i other country, could eventually play for Slovakia, if he after his 10. yearth of birth plays at least 480 days (not games) in Slovak leagues. That seems to be by this guy fulfilled.
But he must eventually become a Slovak citizen.

As i said, im not very familiar with this. ThrashersfanSVK where are you?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Let's see how he progresses leading up to his draft year. 2021 is still 4 yrs. out, plenty can happen until then. Still he looks like he could be a good 1.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Oleksii Myklukha

There could be a pretty interesting story here. Listed as Ukrainian, born in Poland (at least according to EP), and obviously plays in Slovakia.

Hasn't played any international hockey yet. Will be fun to follow

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Well, there also was Ruslan Iskhakov who dominated the slovak league, somehow made it to Russian U18 team and now is likely to get drafted, thats really interesting

I always wonder what is the reason behind these Russian guys coming over to play in Slovak u18/u20 leagues?

I mean it's quiet understandable why guys from Ukraine and Poland come over, but the Russians?

blooptoast

Nov 17, 2017
I created an account on here to make the original post on here, so I definitely share your hype alko. He is 2002 born like some have said so he could be expected to be slightly above most of the other 2003 born players eligible for the 2021 draft, and lot of people are saying that the Slovak U18 league isn't at its best this year. Maybe that's true, but regardless the stats do look promising when he's this age. He's up to 26g/27a for 53 pts in 28 games now.

One thing that's important to note is that he generates his production by himself, and he's not even on a particularly good team. His team's stats can be found here.

I will be continuing to watch this kid to see how he does, because I love a good underdog prospect.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
DHL Extraliga junior (Czech U20). 15 yerd old player 4+2. Wow good start. NHL draft 2021.

aigledefeu

Oct 30, 2011
quebec
Can someone explain me what's up with the czech junior hockey? Last year there was U20 and U18, but now on Eliteprospects I only see U19 and U16.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Can someone explain me what's up with the czech junior hockey? Last year there was U20 and U18, but now on Eliteprospects I only see U19 and U16.

u19 level is news for me as well, hopefully someone can explain if there was a recent change, and how strong the competition is.

Reactions: The Puckhound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad