C Nolan Patrick - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2017, 2nd, PHI) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If the Avs retain the 1st overall.. I really dunno who I'd want between Patrick and Nico.
If you dump Duchene, I think Patrick compliments Mackinnon more, if you still believe Mackinnon can still be a strong offensive first line center.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
This kid is not only driving his line when he's on the ice but might as well be driving every car in the parking lot.

His size and ability to protect the puck/win battles combined with his excellent release and outstanding vision is a notch above the league he's currently playing in. He has every element of a big 2-way centre like that Kopitar mold and his shot release is outstanding - quick and heavy like Carter. It looks like he has grown since last year honestly - don't see how you'd turn him down with the first pick. Way too many nitpickers out there. Like a lot of these big centremen you have to see them in person to appreciate the impact they subtely impose on the game physically.

His anticipation/stick strength/wingspan when he doesn't have the puck reminds me of Getzlaf, where they pretty much can eat up what seems like half the ice and knock down a puck anywhere you put it because they are thinking a step ahead of you, and once he gets it it doesn't take long to get rid of it. This is a special player.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If the Avs retain the 1st overall.. I really dunno who I'd want between Patrick and Nico.

Patrick is like Getzlaf

Hicher is like drafting a player a little better then Ehlers.

Would you rather take Ryan Getlzaf or Ehlers?

Going with consensus here, Its going to be Nolan Patrick going number 1.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Patrick is like Getzlaf

Hold on now I think that is a very unfair comparison to both. First of all Patrick is nowhere close to balding. He has a very healthy head of hair and I don't think it's going anywhere soon. And Ehlers and Hischier are very different players who play very different positions. The speed in which they do things is the only common factor.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Patrick is like Getzlaf

But you said a better version of Ehlers.

I do think Nolan goes first but man Nico has made it much closer since the summer.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
But you said a better version of Ehlers.

I do think Nolan goes first but man Nico has made it much closer since the summer.

Absolutely, but I think most teams are more interested in getting a do-it-all centre vs. a skill guy like Hischier. That's not so much a knock on Hischier, but Patrick has the benefit of having three years of junior hockey to reference.

It's certainly closer than it was a few months ago, but I'd still be running to the podium to draft Patrick.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hold on now I think that is a very unfair comparison to both. First of all Patrick is nowhere close to balding. He has a very healthy head of hair and I don't think it's going anywhere soon. And Ehlers and Hischier are very different players who play very different positions. The speed in which they do things is the only common factor.

This is ridiculous why does Getzlafs hair have any thing to do with Patrick its the LEAST important thing to compare them about :shakehead

Anyways i agree with the other posters saying Hershicer has made it SUPER close but Patrick still the #1

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This is ridiculous why does Getzlafs hair have any thing to do with Patrick its the LEAST important thing to compare them about :shakehead

Doc Samson says you are WRONG

220px-2498-doc-samson_400.jpg

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Daximus

Anyways i agree with the other posters saying Hershicer has made it SUPER close but Patrick still the #1

Lighten up bud. Not sure who Hershicer is though.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The only players I find are the most accurate so far is Getzlaf or Malkin.

But he also kind of reminds me of Trevor Linden.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Who does Patrick compare to? Seems like a Mikko Koivu type.

Koivu's not a bad comparison.

I'd say I don't buy the Getzlaf or Malkin comparisons up thread at all. If you're desperate for a 'high profile' comparison, I'd lean more toward someone like Bergeron - although that's not a fantastic comparison either.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Patrick isn't like Getzlaf. Not sure why thats being thrown around.

if you scroll through this thread you have actual fans, that gave a description of how he plays, and a lot of them mention that his superior play making abilities, sniping skills, and strength with the puck is men among boys. Just scroll through the previous pages.

Bergeron ones is a head scratcher. Bergeron is listed 6'1 190, at the age of 31. Nolan Patrick is currently 6'3 200, probably will cap off at 6'4 225 by the time he hits his late 20's, not to mention Bergeron is a pretty fast skater, Patrick speed is not that fast.

Big bodied player centreman, who is strong with the puck, excellent play making skills and toughness, why is Getlzaf not a decent comparison?

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
It has absolutely everything to do with Patrick. Getzlaf collected his balding hair and gifted a lock to Patrick when he was only 7. Its from this kind act that Patrick modelled his hockey career around. It was Getzlafs hair that made Patrick the man he is today. I am utterly sick of the ignorance of some posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad