Prospect Info: C Noah Ostlund, 16th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft, Assigned to Rochester 4.17.24

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Vaxjo wasn't a perfect spot in the end considering the relegation shuffle but he stayed on track developmentally, especially with a very strong WJC.

Clearly it's time to get him stateside for good. He needs a lot of work physically to become an NHL regular and Roch has a great track record right now. At least two of Kulich, Rosen, Savoie will be there with him next year, another dynamic young group incl Neuchev and Kisakov.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Vaxjo wasn't a perfect spot in the end considering the relegation shuffle but he stayed on track developmentally, especially with a very strong WJC.

Clearly it's time to get him stateside for good. He needs a lot of work physically to become an NHL regular and Roch has a great track record right now. At least two of Kulich, Rosen, Savoie will be there with him next year, another dynamic young group incl Neuchev and Kisakov.

Vaxjo was in the regular SHL playoffs. He played 2nd line much of the year, spent time on the #1 PP and got important minutes.

Reactions: Matt Ress

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Vaxjo was in the regular SHL playoffs. He played 2nd line much of the year, spent time on the #1 PP and got important minutes.
I meant after his steady club of four years Djurgårdens got relegated, Vaxjo was an ok landing spot for a year. He got solid usage but I don't think it was a perfect situation. We'll see how healthy he is when he gets to Roch, but it feels like he got jerked around a bit with the scratches in the playoffs. Hard to believe he wouldn't have been one of their 12 best as they were getting swept. Solid developmental season nonetheless.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I meant after his steady club of four years Djurgårdens got relegated, Vaxjo was an ok landing spot for a year. He got solid usage but I don't think it was a perfect situation. We'll see how healthy he is when he gets to Roch, but it feels like he got jerked around a bit with the scratches in the playoffs. Hard to believe he wouldn't have been one of their 12 best as they were getting swept. Solid developmental season nonetheless.

The only thing I've heard on his playoff from a credible source has been that he was hurt, not a healthy scratch. *shrug*

He did fine and this year was good for him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Guess whose in Rochester?

1713375403104.png

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Did Kulich play C at all during the playoffs last year? I hope they stick to it through the whole post-season for him.

Not sure where to get the playoff lineups from last year. I had one: game 2 of the North Division finals. Kulich centered Rousek and Cederqvist.

I think he played mostly center. Biro was injured the whole playoffs. The only other one listed on the lineup sheet that could have switeched to center was Kozak (who played on the wing that game with Malone and Rosen).

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did Kulich play C at all during the playoffs last year? I hope they stick to it through the whole post-season for him.

One of the problems with Savoie was he and Kulich both tried to play center and then both tried to cover the wing in that game against Hershey. It was sporadic last playoff.
Were they ever on the same line in the world juniors?

No, Rosen was saddled with the puck hog Lysell in the U20's that they overlapped. Ostlund had his Djurgarden linemates Lekkerimaki and Ohgren on his wings.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Want to take this time to shout out everyone who's ever bigged-up this guy. The SHL is hard to catch games on.

Now I get it. He needs size, but he isn't slow, and is clearly a top tier distributor, which the Sabres seriously lack.

He was the best offensive player on the ice yesterday. Shades of pre-injury Connolly actually.

Last edited:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Want to take this time to shout out everyone who's ever bigged-up this guy. The SHL is hard to catch games on.

Now I get it. He needs size, but he isn't slow, and is clearly a top tier distributor, which the Sabres seriously lack.

He was the best offensive player on the ice yesterday. Shades of pre-injury Connolly actually.
he could have been even better, but the puck was bouncing on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad