C Nathan MacKinnon - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2013 draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Tough game for the 2 budding superstars. It happens! The two need a break and a Team Canada training camp in 2 weeks will be a refreshing change of pace!

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Nathan Mackinnon ‏@Mackinnon9
Not even following the NHL lockout anymore, someone just let me know when its over

good for him for tweeting that :nod:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Nathan Mackinnon ‏@Mackinnon9
Not even following the NHL lockout anymore, someone just let me know when its over

good for him for tweeting that :nod:

It does concern his future though with NHL trying to put ELC's to 5, push UFA status later and limit contract lengths, but after all he's still a "kid" so it's not that bad

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
It does concern his future though with NHL trying to put ELC's to 5, push UFA status later and limit contract lengths, but after all he's still a "kid" so it's not that bad

But he's not an NHL player now, so he wouldn't think like one...

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'd imagine, all he has to thinkg about is making sure his on ice game he is playing is hat the coach expect and better. NHL will come to him after he he follows excellence.

I'd be really surprised if he doesn't think about the NHL at this point...i'd think it's unavoidable.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'd be really surprised if he doesn't think about the NHL at this point...i'd think it's unavoidable.

I know he will be thinking about it, in some corner of his brain. However, he is not going to play this season, so why worry about it ? He'll do so in next season, when I'd say we will see NHL style hockey once again.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
2 more years of ELC would probably cost him $10 million.

but that's not something he has right now...he's a prospect. it's not something that is being taken away from him. he probably isn't particularly worried about that.

people who were drafted in the last few years probably aren't pissed off that there's a salary cap the way that players who were playing when there is no cap were when it was implemented.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
3 1/2 minutes into the game...Goal by MacKinnon. Duouin with lots of dangles....pas to Frk then a quick pass to Mac then a goal. Another highlight reel for Droiun.

Edit: Mac with an assist too now on a goal by Frk on the rush. Halifax is being outshot 7-2 but leads 2-0!

Edit #2: Halifax with 2 more penalties...one by Frk...shots are now 13-2

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
3 1/2 minutes into the game...Goal by MacKinnon. Duouin with lots of dangles....pas to Frk then a quick pass to Mac then a goal. Another highlight reel for Droiun.

Edit: Mac with an assist too now on a goal by Frk on the rush. Halifax is being outshot 7-2 but leads 2-0!

Good job forcing Hudon to turn it over in one end (seriously, what was he thinking, considering who was in front of him), turning it into a 3-on-2 the other way, and then getting that screen in for Frk while driving the net.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Edit #2: Halifax with 2 more penalties...one by Frk...shots are now 13-2

Edit #3: 3-1 Hfx...Frx with 3 point, Mac with 2, Drouin with 1. Shots are 21-9 for Chicoutimi

oops...4-1 now! shots 22-12. Game now half over.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
He now leads the Q in scoring as a young 17 year old.

The kid is making the choice for 1st overall rather easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad