C Nathan MacKinnon - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2013, 1st overall, Colorado) III

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
Continued from here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1024735

AV0919MooseheadsSpecialSection02web.jpg

Last edited:

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
He a Drouin pretty much single-handedly won the game for Halifax tonight. They are something else.

Edit: spoke too soon. Zdrahal ties it up with 15 seconds left.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
4 primary assists for Mackinnon in a crazy 7-6 ot loss tonight.

Now tied for qmjhl scoring lead with 52 points.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
IMO Mackinnon look a lot like Marian Gaborik. Offensively they're both good shooting and passing, but are more known for their speed and shot. And when I saw video of Mackinnon scoring at full speed, he really looked like Gaborik.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Except MacKinnon is much more physical and a center. Personally I think he got his own style more than being like anyone else.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Bump, why has MacKinnon fallen to #3 on the ISS rankings?

Because ISS is dumb. There's 0% chance that Nichushkin goes top 2; I don't think he'll even go top 5. He has nice tools, but seems to really lack hockey IQ and is at least 2 years away from coming to NA, if he comes over at all.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Because ISS is dumb. There's 0% chance that Nichushkin goes top 2; I don't think he'll even go top 5. He has nice tools, but seems to really lack hockey IQ and is at least 2 years away from coming to NA, if he comes over at all.

ISS doesn't go by draft order though right? They just rank the players without thinking of outside factors such as will he come over or is he NHL ready and what not.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Hey guys, any word when MacKinnon will be back in the lineup? (Or not?) Seems like he's been out quite some time.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Not sure on Mac... if anyone is interested: solid first period from rouyn-noranda. Darcy Ashley with some beautiful moves late in the period for hfx. drouin taking offensive zone face offs with frk behind him on the short side formation

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
No word on Nate ... There's no urgency to get him back with the next 8 games meaning nothing ... I wouldn't be surprised to see him play 1 or 2 game leading up to the playoffs, but most would rather him sit and be well rested.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
nope, not officially that I know of but off the record word is he is still sitting out for precautionary measures and may stay out 'till the playoffs. I cannot verify that though so take it how you wish... My 'source' is an ex-player who still has friends in theborganization anf this is what he said.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Congrats to Nathan on being nominated for a couple of QMJHL awards!

http://theqmjhl.ca/article/golden-puck-awards-the-nominees-are-revealed/140295

Michael-Bossy Trophy - Top Professional Prospect
Jonathan Drouin – Halifax Mooseheads
Nathan MacKinnon – Halifax Mooseheads
Anthony Mantha – Val-d’Or Foreurs

Paul-Dumont Trophy - Personality of the Year
Jonathan Drouin – Halifax Mooseheads
Nathan MacKinnon - Halifax Mooseheads
Jérôme Mésonéro - Victoriaville Tigres

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
With three games left in the season (and a chance for Halifax to tie the league record for wins in a year should they win all three), MacKinnon will return to the Mooseheads lineup tonight against Cape Breton.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
With three games left in the season (and a chance for Halifax to tie the league record for wins in a year should they win all three), MacKinnon will return to the Mooseheads lineup tonight against Cape Breton.

well considering they play Cape Breton the worst team in the league twice and Saint john's the third worst team in the league I would say they will probably blow them out and tie the record pretty easily.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I dunno, he seemed less physical than usual for me. It's only one game tho so can't tell much. He actually had a vert strong game though. Some nice d-zone takeaways, way more shots on goal than average and produced well. I think his physical game will come back in time for playoffs and he's looking to he in great form. I know Drouin will be better in the playoffs but I have a feeling Mac will be too. He has a hit to prove now too.

Sloth Slothersons*

Meh, he's okay I guess. I'd probably pick him in the 1-10 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad