C Morgan Frost (2017, 27th, PHI)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Frost easily claimed the top spot in our SKATERS prospect poll. We're currently up to number nine.

1. Frost, Morgan - 84%
2. Myers, Phil - 80%
3. Farabee, Joel - 84%
4. O'Brien, Jay - 42%
5. Allison, Wade - 41%
6. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 61%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 86%

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Frost easily claimed the top spot in our prospect poll. We're currently up to number nine.

1. Frost, Morgan - 84%
2. Myers, Phil - 80%
3. Farabee, Joel - 84%
4. O'Brien, Jay - 42%
5. Allison, Wade - 41%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%

Not bad at all. Sam Morin is crashing, but I guess injuries will do that. Does Hart no longer qualify/goalies not allowed?

Either way, I hope Frost plays another year at the Soo.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Frost easily claimed the top spot in our prospect poll. We're currently up to number nine.

1. Frost, Morgan - 84%
2. Myers, Phil - 80%
3. Farabee, Joel - 84%
4. O'Brien, Jay - 42%
5. Allison, Wade - 41%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
Allison shot 28% last year!? WTF

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Not bad at all. Sam Morin is crashing, but I guess injuries will do that. Does Hart no longer qualify/goalies not allowed?

The poll is skaters only, goalies are a seperate poll. Hart would have likely been chosen second if goaltenders were included.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I cant believe Philly is gonna produce yet another top 6 centreman.
It is strange how the flyers keep drafting top centermen, seemingly no matter where in the draft they pick.

Since 03 they have drafted Richards, Carter, Giroux, Couts, Patrick, and likely Frost, all of whom were top 6 centers, or at least trending in that direction.

Not bad considering only Patrick was taken in the top 5, and him and coots the only ones taken in the top 10.

Reactions: De Montreal

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
It is strange how the flyers keep drafting top centermen, seemingly no matter where in the draft they pick.

Since 03 they have drafted Richards, Carter, Giroux, Couts, Patrick, and likely Frost, all of whom were top 6 centers, or at least trending in that direction.

Not bad considering only Patrick was taken in the top 5, and him and coots the only ones taken in the top 10.

Giroux was drafted as a RW though

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

We do goalies in a seperate list. If the lists were combined he'd probably be the consensus #1. Then Sandstrom and Ustimenko would probably slide in around ~12-16.

Plenty have Morin further down the list than 7th. The vote was split between Rubstov (~30%), Vorobyev (~30%) and Morin (~40%). There might be a little bit of 1st round bias. Both Morin and Rubstov get a little more leeway then others who might be more deserving.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Yeah, Morin had a lost year due to injury, and was a questionable personnel decision away from starting with the Flyers last season.

The prospect list is skaters only, so no Hart. He is tops on all the recent all-prospect lists for the Flyers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I edit my post to clairfy the polls are just for skaters right now. Goalies will have their own polls later, but I will do a Frost vs Hart runoff once the goalie polls are over.

NJ DevLolz

Sep 30, 2017
I'm surprised. I thought he was going to make the Flyers this year; not be one of the first ones cut. Interested to see how he performs this year in juniors.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm surprised. I thought he was going to make the Flyers this year; not be one of the first ones cut. Interested to see how he performs this year in juniors.
Not physically ready in Hextall's eyes. He loves to slow cook them when possible.

Vorobyev is having a very good camp and likely made the decision to send Frost back an easier one.

Hextall also sends back Jr kids to their teams early since their season starts earlier....starts tomorrow for OHL. He has also said in the past he does not believe in the 9 game viewing either for the regular season.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Seems like Hextall already had it in mind that he was going to send him down. He would have had to been exceptionally good to even have a shot, likely even better than Konecny was when he made the team.

Frost was probably their 2nd best forward in the rookie game, then got 3rd/4th line minutes in a preseason game with linemates far below his skill level against the Islanders who dressed 70% of their starting lineup compared to the Flyers who dressed 30%.

It also didn't help that Vorobyev was having a very good camp and was essentially competing for a similar role.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I would have Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen, Pettersson, Mittelstadt, Vilardi, Necas, Brannstrom, Valimaki, Liljegren, Thomas, Chytil and Tolvanen over Frost.
Definitely wouldn't take Chytil or Thomas over Frost. Liljegren is close. Agree with rest. Frost is a Giroux clone

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Frost could be an impact player right now imo but Hexy wants him to develope a bit more physically. Vorobyev just made the decision easy with his incredible 200 ft game. Perfect fit for 3C

Reactions: 99664987

NJ DevLolz

Sep 30, 2017
Frost could be an impact player right now imo but Hexy wants him to develope a bit more physically. Vorobyev just made the decision easy with his incredible 200 ft game. Perfect fit for 3C
So where does he fit next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad