C Morgan Frost (2017, 27th, PHI)

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Yeah then that was a killer trade. Schenn is good but this works out well for Philly
This is one of those trades that have worked out great for both teams....Schenn helps the Blues win a cup and a very solid player going forward...the Flyers get very lucky in drafting perhaps 2 studs going into the future.....Win Win all around.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Demoted to the AHL.

Frost really cooled off since his debut with 0G + 4A in his last 15 games, so this seems like the right move. Not everyone is NHL ready in their draft+3 year.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Demoted to the AHL.

Frost really cooled off since his debut with 0G + 4A in his last 15 games, so this seems like the right move. Not everyone is NHL ready in their draft+3 year.

He should be back up shortly with the garbage Vorobyev has been providing lately.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
This is one of those trades that have worked out great for both teams....Schenn helps the Blues win a cup and a very solid player going forward...the Flyers get very lucky in drafting perhaps 2 studs going into the future.....Win Win all around.

Funny. I remember the full on thread aimed at what a HORRIBLE trade it was for Philly, filled with agreements (not saying you two were in that camp)
Best part is the other 1st rd pick hadn't even transpired, yet. Hfboards, man.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Funny. I remember the full on thread aimed at what a HORRIBLE trade it was for Philly, filled with agreements (not saying you two were in that camp)
Best part is the other 1st rd pick hadn't even transpired, yet. Hfboards, man.
I remember also the initial discussion when the trade went down...and of course at that point it didn't look good....but the Flyers made out tremendously in adding Farabee and Frost....an amazing return...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Demoted to the AHL.

While the 4 in 15 is true....he did have 4 points in his last 9 games. So that's a 36 point pace...all at ES. Getting that from your #3C rookie C is fine.

The Flyers are a worse team with him gone and he should be up playing and learning at the NHL level.

Reactions: Dominance

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Yeah. I never understood. It was as if people thought it was a 1-for-1 trade. Or 1st rd picks are almost guaranteed to not turn into good players, or something. Of course we couldn't say who won the trade yet, it was too early (and it still is), but but you could at least speculate some. For people who were decided that Philly got fleeced made no sense. And if they were considering it a 1-for-1 trade or for the moment, why bother even giving an opinion. That's like if a player gets traded for a draft pick in next years draft, saying so and so won because they received a player and sent nothing back.

Thankfully there were a few people who pointed out the obvious. Philly has a pretty good track record with mid-late 1st rd forward picks. Frost was already looking like a potential steal, and the other pick was a complete unknown that could be anything or anyone. Was clearly, imo, too early to say but had the clear potential to be a trade both teams win.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Yeah. I never understood. It was as if people thought it was a 1-for-1 trade. Or 1st rd picks are almost guaranteed to not turn into good players, or something. Of course we couldn't say who won the trade yet, it was too early (and it still is), but but you could at least speculate some. For people who were decided that Philly got fleeced made no sense. And if they were considering it a 1-for-1 trade or for the moment, why bother even giving an opinion. That's like if a player gets traded for a draft pick in next years draft, saying so and so won because they received a player and sent nothing back.

Thankfully there were a few people who pointed out the obvious. Philly has a pretty good track record with mid-late 1st rd forward picks. Frost was already looking like a potential steal, and the other pick was a complete unknown that could be anything or anyone. Was clearly, imo, too early to say but had the clear potential to be a trade both teams win.
Like the poster said above, it’s already a win-win. There doesn’t need to be a loser. It’s inconsequential to the Blues what Frost and Farabee do or become, because Schenn helped the Blues win a cup. Schenn helping the Blues win a cup is inconsequential to the Flyers because that wouldn’t have happened in Philadelphia.

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
I know this is a Frost thread but since its been bumped, to all the Flyers fans how has Farabee looked recently?

I've noticed he's cooled off a little bit as well

Reactions: Dominance

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Like the poster said above, it’s already a win-win. There doesn’t need to be a loser. It’s inconsequential to the Blues what Frost and Farabee do or become, because Schenn helped the Blues win a cup. Schenn helping the Blues win a cup is inconsequential to the Flyers because that wouldn’t have happened in Philadelphia.
It's the perfect trade, both side got what they wanted.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I know this is a Frost thread but since its been bumped, to all the Flyers fans how has Farabee looked recently?

I've noticed he's cooled off a little bit as well
He has cooled. But some of it is just to a sheer hit on depth.

Raffl got hurt early Dec, then Lindblom cancer Dec 14th, then Laughton got hurt Dec 14th. Farabee has 1 point in 7 games since the Lindblom cancer news.

The line of Laughton Hayes Farabee was playing well up to that point. But with the 2 injuries and Lindblom, it has thrown the lines out of sync and they have not recovered. And to make things worse, they demoted Frost too.

So yeah, the hit on the teams depth played a part. But in the end, we only need him and Frost to be 3rd liners right now and both are "pacing" for over 30 points and neither have any PP points.

Reactions: RipCityPuckers

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013

Right. And if the trade was Lehtera for Schenn straight up, Philly lost the trade because they lost a better player for a worse one.

It seemed to be that people believed that the trade was a horrible trade for Philadelphia. I did not understand how or why so many people could think that when the two biggest parts of the trade was 1) *just drafted* and 2) undecided.
If Schenn bombed in St. Louis and fizzled out without a tangible return, St. Louis lost the trade. The potential of those picks would have been more powerful. If both of Philly's picks were misused, or totally busted, Philly would have lost the trade, too, regardless of how Schenn did in St. Louis. It's not rocket science. It shouldn't have been rocket science to consider that MAYBE half a season into the trade it wasn't obvious that St. Louis totally fleeced Philadelphia, with one clearly winning and one clearly losing it, either.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Pretty good first pro season for Frost. His 29 points in 41 games is good production for a first year pro, but looks even better when diving into how big of a mess the Phantoms were this year. Got some NHL games too!

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
At this point...what exactly is Frost's future here? Considering there is a glaring hole at 3C...I think its really odd that Frost, now 21 with some pro seasoning, isnt being looked at as if that spot is his to lose. It really seems like the Flyers are not as high on him as the fan base is.

Then there is the patrick question. If Nolan comes back healthy, 1c, 2c, 3c is pretty much locked up. I know Frost can play wing, but is that an ideal long term spot for him?

I hate the idea of trading Frost, but it seems like hes in a lose lose situation. The organization is basically saying you have to blow us away to earn a spot, but we also arent going to give you a chance at doing that.

pooch

May 30, 2017
At this point...what exactly is Frost's future here? Considering there is a glaring hole at 3C...I think its really odd that Frost, now 21 with some pro seasoning, isnt being looked at as if that spot is his to lose. It really seems like the Flyers are not as high on him as the fan base is.

Then there is the patrick question. If Nolan comes back healthy, 1c, 2c, 3c is pretty much locked up. I know Frost can play wing, but is that an ideal long term spot for him?

I hate the idea of trading Frost, but it seems like hes in a lose lose situation. The organization is basically saying you have to blow us away to earn a spot, but we also arent going to give you a chance at doing that.
If Patrick is healthy, there's no reason Frost cant start at the wing. If he needs to move to center at some point, Hayes can play wing. I would hope Frost is with the big club all of next season. Injuries happen all the time as well so no need to move him unless he's part of a package for a proven star caliber player.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018

he just finished his first year pro as a last first rounder lmao, now ever player is ready to play at 20 or 21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad