C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Grigorenko added another 2 assists and was +3 today in a 5-0 win over Drakkar, totaling 6 points in his first two games of the season.

RomersWorld*

Kind of funny that Grigorenko is the one playing in North America while Yakupov bailed to Russia.

Nov 25, 2011
Edmonton
Kind of funny that Grigorenko is the one playing in North America while Yakupov bailed to Russia.

Well to be fair, Yakupov was basically 100% NHL ready, he didn't have much to prove left. Whereas Grigs still had a few question marks around him, but he seems to be doing fantastic so far this year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Well to be fair, Yakupov was basically 100% NHL ready, he didn't have much to prove left. Whereas Grigs still had a few question marks around him, but he seems to be doing fantastic so far this year.

Grigorenko has also said that he doesn't like the way the Russian game is played as much because the team game is not as structured (which makes it harder for him to be effective as more of a pass-first player). He also seems to have a very good relationship with Roy and has progressed very well under him, especially defensively.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

Grigorenko was offered a big contract and a place in the lineup by CSKA and he said no.

pouskin74*

Grigorenko was offered a big contract and a place in the lineup by CSKA and he said no.

Actually his place in CSKA wouldnt have been guaranteed. Its just a speculation. There is a few other good young prospects in CSKA system. And he knew that very well.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
To be fair, as much as I like Grigorenko as a player, his stats will be greatly inflated by the team he plays on. I was to the game yesterday and he played well. This season, playing well will get him multipoints games. Remparts PP was amazing.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
^^^ agreed. His production will probably be pretty nuts this year. Unfortunately, i'm not really sure crazy production is going to do that much for his development.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
To be fair, as much as I like Grigorenko as a player, his stats will be greatly inflated by the team he plays on. I was to the game yesterday and he played well. This season, playing well will get him multipoints games. Remparts PP was amazing.

Should we discredit Mackinnon's stats for the team he plays on too?? Just wondering.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If the NHL season begins later this fall, could the Sabres pull Grigorenko from Quebec?

RomersWorld*

Yakupov has nothing left to prove at junior level.

How about winning a playoff series? Seems to me like I'd want to help my team get to the next level instead of bailing after a 1st round choke job where Brandon Saad made me look mediocre.

He is going where the $$$ is and I don't really blame him. However, all I pointed out was that Yakupov is in Russia while Grigorenko is in North America... yet no one says anything. If the opposite was true and Grigs went to the KHL while Yakupov stayed at Sarnia....everyone would be like "I told you so! Grigorenko doesn't have the heart! Grigorenko only cares about money! This is why he fell in the draft!".

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
^^^ honestly i was expecting a much bigger reaction about Yakupov refusing to accept the assignment to Sarnia. Seemed like a dick move.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Grigorenko's a good fit with Buffalo. He's from Khabarovsk, which is a continent removed from Europe and is a short swim from Japan. The other guy from Khabarovsk was Mogilny. There's some goodwill that was built there. People from Khabarovsk know about the Sabres.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
How about winning a playoff series? Seems to me like I'd want to help my team get to the next level instead of bailing after a 1st round choke job where Brandon Saad made me look mediocre.

He is going where the $$$ is and I don't really blame him. However, all I pointed out was that Yakupov is in Russia while Grigorenko is in North America... yet no one says anything. If the opposite was true and Grigs went to the KHL while Yakupov stayed at Sarnia....everyone would be like "I told you so! Grigorenko doesn't have the heart! Grigorenko only cares about money! This is why he fell in the draft!".

I don't remember anyone ever saying Grigorenko only cares about money...

However, Yakupov is playing a mans league, which is good for his development, but either way, he's got a ELC.

Also, we've seen players tear up the CHL at age 19 and get a lot of hype doing so and have trouble playing in the AHL let alone the NHL.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't remember anyone ever saying Grigorenko only cares about money...

However, Yakupov is playing a mans league, which is good for his development, but either way, he's got a ELC.

Also, we've seen players tear up the CHL at age 19 and get a lot of hype doing so and have trouble playing in the AHL let alone the NHL.

Grigorenko is only 18 and won't be 19 until May. He's a fair bit younger than Yakupov, who will be 19 in about a week. He won't be in the CHL anymore by the time he's actually 19.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Quebec is much more stacked than Halifax... They are starting to look like the new Saint John.

Not really... after Grigorenko, Duclair, Erne, Sorensen and Shaw, Quebec isn't really deep. Halifax has more depth. Their Ryan-Andrews-Ashley line, which is their 3rd, would be a 2nd line in most QMJHL teams.

I don't see how Duclair - Grigorenko - Shaw is more stacked than Drouin - MacKinnon - Fournier.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
In terms of junior hockey, Grigorenko is a year younger than Yakupov. Yak is a 19yo while Grigs is a 18yo. Yakupov has a year on Grigorenko in terms of development. It's just normal to see one still in the CHL and the other ready for pro hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad