C Mathew Barzal - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2015, 16th, NYI) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Does he have a NMC that I don't know about? Because if he doesn't and you leave him unprotected, there is a 0% chance of him being claimed with that contract.

He's a good player. No denying it. But, I'd rather have Tavares, Strome, Cizikas, Hamonic, Leddy, and CdH. Maybe even Pulock, although I suppose that could change depending on how things go this year.

Unless you can find a way to get rid of Boychuk, IMO it's bye-bye Brock, unfortunately.
He won't be eexposed, he will be traded, maybe soon if they wish to keep Barzal as a replacement.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Brock will be traded? I don't know, at this point I'm protecting him over Strome. He's easier to replace with Barzal than Brock is.

Nelson is a 25 year old who scored 20 goals in his first full season, then 26 in his second. You could make a pretty sound argument that he's been poorly managed by his coach. I think he's wildly, bizarrely underrated. I agree that Barzal could quite easily replace Strome, but not Nelson.

With Kulemin out, I'm hoping we see Barzal. We know what we have with guys like Prince and Quine, and that's no insult to them. Barzal has the capability to be more.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Nelson is a 25 year old who scored 20 goals in his first full season, then 26 in his second. You could make a pretty sound argument that he's been poorly managed by his coach. I think he's wildly, bizarrely underrated. I agree that Barzal could quite easily replace Strome, but not Nelson.

With Kulemin out, I'm hoping we see Barzal. We know what we have with guys like Prince and Quine, and that's no insult to them. Barzal has the capability to be more.

Part of his struggles I'm sure is coaching, but he has to be at fault for some of it as well. He needs to play consistently for 82 games, no more 7 goals in 7 games then 1 in 20.

I'd love to see him at LW regularly or he has to really improve on faceoffs.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He needsto go back. Definately isnt ready. Really watched him tonight and he just is not ready. Plain and simple

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Time to go down Matt. But you will be a very very good player down the road.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
exactly.. pathetic they've kept him around to do just that

He's also here one year too early. We have a logjam at center. If he does get sent back, there's no doubt he'll be on the team next year. One of Lee, Strome, or Nelson will get claimed. When one of them does, there will be a spot for Barzal (Nelson would move to LW if Lee or Strome is claimed).

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Best thing for Barzal would be to go back to Seattle and get to play
every game. If he stays with the Isles he just wont see enough playing time.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Best thing for Barzal would be to go back to Seattle and get to play
every game. If he stays with the Isles he just wont see enough playing time.

Maybe they keep him up then let him go to WJC....then back to Jr's after that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Barzal will be sent down. It looks like a foregone conclusion with Capuano as coach of the team. The best thing for him now is to go back to Seattle and then lead Team Canada to a medal at the WJC. Then maybe he will earn a late season call up if Seattle is ousted from the playoffs.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Must be tough for him to see guys like Konecny, Zacha, and Connor get big roles for their teams while he is stuck in the dog house. Rooting for him. I wanted NJ to take him over Zacha (but now couldn't be happier with PZ)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Must be tough for him to see guys like Konecny, Zacha, and Connor get big roles for their teams while he is stuck in the dog house. Rooting for him. I wanted NJ to take him over Zacha (but now couldn't be happier with PZ)

NYI is in Cup mode now (even though it make not look like it :laugh:) while PHI, NJ, and WPG are all just looking to make it into the playoffs is how I look at it. Tougher rosters to crack and it's not really smart for a team looking to win playoff rounds to put any legitimate responsibility on a rookie.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
NYI is in Cup mode now (even though it make not look like it :laugh:) while PHI, NJ, and WPG are all just looking to make it into the playoffs is how I look at it. Tougher rosters to crack and it's not really smart for a team looking to win playoff rounds to put any legitimate responsibility on a rookie.

And yet Beauvillier has had no problem making an impact. I'd be worried if I were an Isles fan.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I feel like with young kids they need as much playing time so if he isnt getting 12-15 minutes isnt it worth it to send them down???

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I dont see him ever getting in a game. If anything i thought forsure he may dress today VS the Leafs but once again he isnt.

I am speechless what to say about this situation. Completely bizzare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad