C Mathew Barzal - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2015, 16th, NYI) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Todays game day daily scratch report for Barzal on HFboards....

Scratched once again.. Youd think if there is one team he would get into the lineup,it would be against Vancouver....

But once again, scratched!!!

You shouldn't expect him to play unless there is an injury to a center or right wing.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
You shouldn't expect him to play unless there is an injury to a center or right wing.

oh Im not expecting him to play at all actually... what I am expecting though is him be sent back to junior and actually play. Isles are ruining him.

No disrespect to Canuck fans, but if there is one team that youd think coach/management of NYI would wanna see if him being a professional practice player over the past month or so has paid dividends, it would be playing him against this team

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
oh Im not expecting him to play at all actually... what I am expecting though is him be sent back to junior and actually play. Isles are ruining him.

No disrespect to Canuck fans, but if there is one team that youd think coach/management of NYI would wanna see if him being a professional practice player over the past month or so has paid dividends, it would be playing him against this team

I don't think he's ruined yet. Apparently he was sick before so he wasn't sitting in the press box healthy.

I agree that he'd be better off being sent back, though.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I don't think he's ruined yet. Apparently he was sick before so he wasn't sitting in the press box healthy.

I agree that he'd be better off being sent back, though.

so sick that he has been spotted at numerous nets games sitting front row--gimme a break--he is being healthy scratched that is the circus of fred flinstone and a backup goalie....it is pathetic and embarrassing.....

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Why don't they just send him back to Juniors if they aren't going to play him? Wouldn't it be better to be playing some hockey(even if he is much better than the competition) rather than no hockey?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Why don't they just send him back to Juniors if they aren't going to play him? Wouldn't it be better to be playing some hockey(even if he is much better than the competition) rather than no hockey?

the whole world(except NYI management) would assume that is the best idea

I said before, maybe Barzal has expressed some sort of concern playing for Konowalchuk in Seattle and NYI/JP Barry have let Russ Farwell in Seattle know that they are requesting a trade?... kind of like the Draisaitl situation when PA Raiders were pretty much forced into trading him to Kelowna Rockets so Oilers could send him back

That is completely a guess, cause im just trying to figure out anything at all what is going on

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

We don't get it either. Everything NYI is doing recently has been inexcusable and extremely confusing.

the whole world(except NYI management) would assume that is the best idea

I said before, maybe Barzal has expressed some sort of concern playing for Konowalchuk in Seattle and NYI/JP Barry have let Russ Farwell in Seattle know that they are requesting a trade?... kind of like the Draisaitl situation when PA Raiders were pretty much forced into trading him to Kelowna Rockets so Oilers could send him back

That is completely a guess, cause im just trying to figure out anything at all what is going on

This could make sense, but it isn't enough of an excuse.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
We don't get it either. Everything NYI is doing recently has been inexcusable and extremely confusing.

This could make sense, but it isn't enough of an excuse.

exactly... the only reason why I say that is cause Steve Konowalchuk being a former NHL player, can be tough on his players and hold them accountable no matter who it is... there have been times in the past he has benched Barzal and it really pissed him off... some players aren't used to that.

Again, im just trying to come up with anything at all as to whats going on, and honestly that's all I can think of that he MAY not be happy in Seattle??? who knows though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad