C Marco Rossi (2020, 9th, MIN) Part II

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ducks better take him if he's available at 6

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
there are so many small things I love about Rossi's game but one of my fave is that, whenever a player tries to push or crosscheck him it just gives Rossi a boost and creates even more separation for him lol
Similar to point and marchand

Reactions: HzH and majormajor

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He could be the next Paul Kariya or Stanislav Chistov.

No.

Both of these guys were wingers. Rossi is a center. Kariya was an offensive winger. Maybe Lucas Raymond could become a kind of Paul Kariya with a ton of luck and hard work, but I sincerely doubt it.
And Chistov? Good grief that was an underscouting problem. Those ate 90's and early 2000's drafts had some really big first round busts out of Russia.

I think Rossi is going to be a stellar 2-way center that gets 60+ points a season and has great possession metrics for the advanced analytics crowd. I think there's very little chance he busts and becomes anything less than a 2nd line player. He'll be a Toews/Zetterberg/Bergeron kind of player that does everything right at best.

Reactions: NyQuil and Fixxer

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
No.

Both of these guys were wingers. Rossi is a center. Kariya was an offensive winger. Maybe Lucas Raymond could become a kind of Paul Kariya with a ton of luck and hard work, but I sincerely doubt it.
And Chistov? Good grief that was an underscouting problem. Those ate 90's and early 2000's drafts had some really big first round busts out of Russia.

I think Rossi is going to be a stellar 2-way center that gets 60+ points a season and has great possession metrics for the advanced analytics crowd. I think there's very little chance he busts and becomes anything less than a 2nd line player. He'll be a Toews/Zetterberg/Bergeron kind of player that does everything right at best.

I don't think anyone thinks he's a similar player to either. I appreciate the Chistov reference... wonder how he'd fair today. not a speedster but great agility and insane dangles for the time

Reactions: Fixxer

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think it's extremely likely he's there at 6
Id be shocked if the Ducks take him personally, doesnt seem like a Bob Murray pick especially because they have Zegras coming. I think they target a D man or goal scoring winger. I think you are right unless Detroit takes him, I am positive Ottawa wont.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Id be shocked if the Ducks take him personally, doesnt seem like a Bob Murray pick especially because they have Zegras coming. I think they target a D man or goal scoring winger. I think you are right unless Detroit takes him, I am positive Ottawa wont.

Why does he not seem like a Ducks pick? And from all report, Madden is the man when it comes to Ducks drafting.

Zegras should have no impact on this pick whatsoever. The Ducks are in need of at least 3 more top 6 forwards, and Zegras is the only Ducks prospect that looks like a potential top line guy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why does he not seem like a Ducks pick? And from all report, Madden is the man when it comes to Ducks drafting.

Zegras should have no impact on this pick whatsoever. The Ducks are in need of at least 3 more top 6 forwards, and Zegras is the only Ducks prospect that looks like a potential top line guy.
He is small, thats not really how Anaheim has been built, but hey I could be wrong however Zegras is a play maker and so is Rossi, thought they may go with a more goal scoring potential player.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He is small, thats not really how Anaheim has been built, but hey I could be wrong however Zegras is a play maker and so is Rossi, thought they may go with a more goal scoring potential player.

You take the BPA at #6. Their stylistic fit into the team shouldn't matter at all.

I can see size being an issue, but that would be really dumb if it is. Rossi isnt some beanpole.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You take the BPA at #6. Their stylistic fit into the team shouldn't matter at all.

I can see size being an issue, but that would be really dumb if it is. Rossi isnt some beanpole.
Rossi isnt the concencus BPA though. If he was sure, but he certainly is not. Picks 4 to 10/11 are pretty interchangeable at this point.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Rossi isnt the concencus BPA though. If he was sure, but he certainly is not. Picks 4 to 10/11 are pretty interchangeable at this point.

Obviously. I'm just saying his position and skillset shouldn't matter at all compared to what the Ducks have in the system. At number 6 you take the BPA, whoever that is.

Doanator

Shane Doan - hall of fame
Jan 10, 2020
Austria

Was there ever any consencus BPA after top 3-5 in draft history?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Sam Steel is 5 11 - 6 0 center
so not very big, neither is Zegras, another center, who is 6 foot 0

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Sam Steel is 5 11 - 6 0 center
so not very big, neither is Zegras, another center, who is 6 foot 0
How many are you gonna take?... Cant have a team full of these players.
Basically every possible pick at 6 this year is 6’ or smaller. Rossi, Perfetti, Drysdale, Raymond, Holtz, Quinn, Jarvis, all 5’9” to 6’. Sanderson is the only guy that seems like a realistic option at 6 who’s taller than 6’. I guess you could argue Askarov or Lundell, but Askarov is a goalie (and a very unlikely pick for the Ducks), and Lundell is normally ranked closer to 10, and isn’t exactly huge, he’s 6’1”.

Unless the Ducks take Sanderson, they’re very likely taking a smaller player. There are zero power forwards who would make sense at 6 in this years draft. Actually, it’s pretty likely that the top 20 picks this year will have only 2 forwards over 6’, Byfield and Lundell.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad