C Marco Rossi (2020, 9th, MIN) Part II

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He just did his 3rd interview with Detroit along with Perfetti and Drysdale. Have a feeling it's one of those three.

Really hoping it's not Drysdale. Not that he'll be a bad pick, but probably has the safest floor but lowest potential of the 3.
Plus, if the Wings draft Rossi I'll get to drink the tears of the Wings fans who have been screaming that there's no way he can get better/bigger/faster/stronger because he's already at max potential, or who actually buy the BS of some random unnamed blackbook scout who stated that Rossi should only be a 2nd rounder.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
He just did his 3rd interview with Detroit along with Perfetti and Drysdale. Have a feeling it's one of those three.

Came full cirlce, on rossi, only 5'8 but 185 pounds and has massive legs, has a high motor, plays both ends of ice, great passer and player maker, can drives the net when he needs to, has a nose for the net and a good shot .

wings have a decent pool of wingers who can score (mantha, bertuzzi, fabbri) and a bunch that I think will in the future (zadina, rasmussen even tho hes been centre recently in AHL) they need someone to distribute the puck and motor around the ice to get it back.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Don't see him falling past Detroit or Ottawa, Steve Yzerman personally interviewed him all 3 times. Where both Perfetti and Drysdale were interviewed by Kris Draper. So which means we're probably drafting Lucas Raymond.
is there a link to that? i know draper was the main guy interviewing perfetti and drysdale but yzerman was there just with his cam off

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
is there a link to that? i know draper was the main guy interviewing perfetti and drysdale but yzerman was there just with his cam off
Number1RedWingsFan52 was putting the cart before the horse. Rossi had the same thing happen during his interview that Perfetti and Drysdale had; Stevie was on the call, but his camera was off and he only asked a few questions. He isn't going to be showing his hand until the ink is dry on the pick.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Number1RedWingsFan52 was putting the cart before the horse. Rossi had the same thing happen during his interview that Perfetti and Drysdale had; Stevie was on the call, but his camera was off and he only asked a few questions. He isn't going to be showing his hand until the ink is dry on the pick.
That’s what i thought

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Rossi personally said that he chatted with Yzerman, Maybe not during the interview process but he has spoken with him. Perhaps that's what i'm getting att.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I always come back to Ottawa 67’s general manager James Boyd telling me this about Rossi:

“He’s a phenomenal player. Phenomenal. A few teams that have picked up on it. I’m biased but I think he’s the best player in our league. It’s not often you’ve got a player on your team who is the best offensive player, the best defensive player, the best guy on faceoffs, the best guy on the power play, the best guy on the penalty kill and probably your No. 1 shootout shooter. And the thing is he doesn’t cheat, so as the game goes along, he takes over. The No. 1 thing for me is his skating — which was a concern for some people — is phenomenal. Some guys are interested in getting better, he’s obsessed. If I told him to eat a pound of sunflower seeds every day because it would help him get to the NHL, he’d be right on it. It’s only going to continue. You hear this sort of stuff about Sidney Crosby or Shea Weber when they were juniors, it’s almost like a disorder, the striving to get better. I see the same thing in Marco. Nothing’s going to stop him.”
As someone who knows Marco very well, i can confirm all of this. Hardest working guy i’ve ever damn seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad