C Marco Rossi (2020, 9th, MIN) Part II

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
That sucks that he's injured. Rossi was great to watch at the handful of 67s games I went to, was really looking forward to watching him in the NHL this season.

Reactions: andys

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
This was the quote from Bill Guerin on Rossi:

"Marco is out with an upper body injury right now, I really can't get into everything that's going on with him, long-term he's okay and he's staying with Thomas Vanek which is great. I don't know Thomas, spoke to him on the phone once and I hear how good of a guy he is. We're extremely grateful for him and his family. I'd be a wreck if it was my 18-year-old child across the ocean out and dealing with certain things. But he'll be good. He's been great. He's an extremely mature kid. He's taking everything in stride like a real pro. We are disappointed but we're doing the right things and we're anxious to get him back but all in due time."

"To be honest the main thing, with all the players is their health and that we take care of them best we can. I haven't even thought about burning a year or not, hasn't even crossed my mind. The first thing is the human being Marco Rossi and his health"

Russo asked him a question that maybe it's not even worth playing him this season - Guerin skirted around it.

Everything to me sounded like Rossi is out for the season, but will be good for 2021-22. That's just me reading into his voice. Didn't sound like they were banking on him returning anytime soon.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
The secrecy is just asking for conjecture though. While confirming it's health and not injury, but no mention of getting him doctors to speed up his recovery hints that it is long term and had to just wait it out. Or that pretty much nothing can be done by medicine other than wait. Him staying with Vanek in MN instead of flying him home to be with family hints that it may not be COVID. If it's long term, why keep him in MN away from family?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The secrecy is just asking for conjecture though. While confirming it's health and not injury, but no mention of getting him doctors to speed up his recovery hints that it is long term and had to just wait it out. Or that pretty much nothing can be done by medicine other than wait. Him staying with Vanek in MN instead of flying him home to be with family hints that it may not be COVID. If it's long term, why keep him in MN away from family?
The thoughts some have had is that it’s a couple month recovery and then we can get him on the ice. Other then that I don’t know how you keep him in MN if it is long term.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
If it was an injury wouldn't they just say what it was? The only options I can see is that it's potentially Covid related or perhaps something personal or mental health related? But even then, why wouldn't he just go home to Austria?

It's a difficult situation. Just hope he is doing okay.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He had a pretty mean case of COVID a couple months back that kept him out nearly a month. There’s been a lot of speculation that it could be Myocartidis, which is inflammation of the heart and has been caused in athletes from strenuous excercise while having the virus. I’m sure he’s staying here so the team doctors can keep an eye on him. How are they supposed to know when he can start to excercise if he’s not around the team; they’re not going to want to trust other doctors, especially when recommendations for this illness tend to be different in other countries. This is all pure speculation, though. What we can say for certain is that it’s not a great situation to be in, and you have to feel for Marco. It would be amazing if we could get him in a few games at the end of the year so he has an idea of the pace for next season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's great for Marco that Vanek has welcomed him into the family. Trying not to be a pessimistic MN fan in regards to the nature of his condition.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
For as much of a doubter as I was prior to the draft of his abilities, to hear that his current status is such in doubt is really troubling. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and prove doubters like me wrong, I will be rooting for him!

hockeyenthusiast10

Dec 14, 2017
As others have said, it’s almost assuredly Myocarditis. He most likely had a physical prior to quarantine ending where they found an irregular heart beat or something that prompted further testing. It’s something that can take 3-6 months to recover from. So in theory, if treatment goes well, he may see action this year.

As to why he is staying here, I am sure there are multiple reasons. Getting acclimated to MN, being around our team doctors and likely better treatment than he would receive back home, hopes of recovering and being able to play yet this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad