C/LW Phillip Danault (2011, 26th, CHI; 2016 traded, MTL)

RomersWorld*

Another nice weekend for Danault... 5 points over 2 games. On Friday he had 2 assists and on Sunday he had 1 goal and 2 assists.

Total stats so far:
14 games, 12 goals, 13 assists, 25 points

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
From what we've seen of him at camp, Danault has a non-stop motor. Skates hard every shift. Anyone know of he is playing RW or C?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
From what we've seen of him at camp, Danault has a non-stop motor. Skates hard every shift. Anyone know of he is playing RW or C?
Center when I saw him and it looks like he's still playing there since you can see his faceoff totals on the Q site.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Center when I saw him and it looks like he's still playing there since you can see his faceoff totals on the Q site.
Thanks. Was worried they may have started playing him on wing and just taking f/os.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kid was called up to Hawks and looks set to make his NHL debut vs Oilers

Hawk fans are really high on him and many believe he will be Kruger's replacement following the 2015 cap purge

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like Danault. Think he will be a very useful NHL player. He's got some upside to his game. Should be a good addition for the 3rd line. In his draft year, I thought he had 2nd line potential. It doesn't seem like he has trended this way. But there is nothing wrong in 2 way 3rd line wingers that can kill PIMS.

Dec 3, 2012
Very good 1st game so far. Great speed and vision. Forechecks hard. Good PKer. Lack finishing abilities, though.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Very good 1st game so far. Great speed and vision. Forechecks hard. Good PKer. Lack finishing abilities, though.

His offense wasn't up to much in Chicago, even at the AHL level...so I'm pretty skeptical of what offense he'll develop at the NHL level. But as you could see tonight, he brings a lot of good to his game in other areas. I was sad to see the Hawks trade him - I liked him a lot.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I have to admit I didn't think much of Danault last year when he started playing for Montreal, but boy oh boy is he coming into his own right now.

4-5-9 in 16 games, being one of the Habs' top player game in and game out. Has pushed the coach's favourite David Desharnais out of the 3rd line.

I don't think he can maintain that pace, but he looks to be reaching his potential of being a solid 3rd line player who can get 25-30 pts a season for sure.

He is very intense out there, good speed, hustle, knows what to do with the puck and can create stuff in the offensive zone. Solid defensively and can play physical. Is valuable at either C or wing.

If McCarron can reach his potential the Canadiens may have a very interesting center line in the future with Galchenyuk, McCarron and Danault with their wingers potentially being Pacioretty, Radulov, Gallagher, Shaw, Scherbak and Lehkonen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad