C/LW Pavel Zacha - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2015, 6th, NJD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Let's start a formal thread for this Czech phenom.
Height: 6'3
Weight: 190 lbs

Big, strong skilled with a great shot. Sounds like a promising prospect.

Anyone else have any opinions of him?

Babula

May 31, 2012
What about his hockey sense ? I'm not so high on him. IMO He is way too high in 2015 predictions...

Reactions: hidek91

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
What about his hockey sense ? I'm not so high on him. IMO He is way too high in 2015 predictions...

Similar thought. Fans are giving him a ton of credit for playing with men, but I don't think he has the natural skill to be a top draft pick. I see him similar to an Alex Pepin; someone living off their size in the year prior to their draft year (before other players mature enough to close the gap or surpass him).

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Similar thought. Fans are giving him a ton of credit for playing with men, but I don't think he has the natural skill to be a top draft pick. I see him similar to an Alex Pepin; someone living off their size in the year prior to their draft year (before other players mature enough to close the gap or surpass him).

His hockey sense is very good, smart, poised, anticipates well.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
His dad has a great website where he write about the issues in junior hockey. And after i readed some articles, he must be hated in CZLH.

Unfortunately, most of the things written out there are truth. He can't really change much but it's good to have people like him around.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Unfortunately, most of the things written out there are truth. He can't really change much but it's good to have people like him around.

Yeah, it's pretty accurate all around, unfortunately. I do wonder about what will happen with Pavel going forward because reading his father's site, it seems like they're not happy with the treatment he receives in the Czech league. Perhaps a move to Sweden or NA is coming?

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah, it's pretty accurate all around, unfortunately. I do wonder about what will happen with Pavel going forward because reading his father's site, it seems like they're not happy with the treatment he receives in the Czech league. Perhaps a move to Sweden or NA is coming?

I'm sensing it too. I'm guessing Sweden but who knows..

Skylimit

Oct 5, 2009
Pavel Zacha

what you think about this prospect?

what kind of player?

similars players?

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Big scoring winger from what I gather. How's his skating?

Big body with good shot, plays with intensity, grit and high compete level, is pretty good defensively(?), and is good skater for his size(?). Left winger.

Might be a good pick for Sabres next year with the Islanders' pick, if it's somewhere 7-12.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
can you sum up what has been said? please and thank you in advance.

Short way. If you are a good hockey prospect, run away from Czech. Run as fast, as you can.

Because the people that run Czech ice hockey, junior or senior leagues, are still living in 80-s.

For example there is some stupid rule. If a player plays some games in Extraliga (26), he cant play in lower league playoff.
Or the people. Pavel Zacha wanted to play also in U18 league. His season in senior team was over, so he thought, he can play top minutes in U18 team. But what a mistake. Couch said, he have to begin in 4th line, and then slowly move.
Another example, written here . How hard and expensive is it for a junior player to leave a club. Vojtěcha Krejčiřík wanted to leave his team HC Olomouc. No no, not so fast young boy. The owner of the team wanted 1 500 000 crowns (54 000 €)! And what did say the Czech Hockey? they don't care. Its between club and the player. They should solve this.

Thats only a few issues, what are they saying. In Slovakia it is exactly so. A few days ago i spoke with an ice-hockey agent. And he said me, he is very happy, that his son doesn't want to play ice hockey. Because the climate in Slovak ice hockey overall is very destructive.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Considering the previous link to his father's website, it would be wise of him to go to NA.

He's a very smart, smooth player for such a young player at his size. He did not seem overly skilled and puck savvy. I could see him drop next year.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Considering the previous link to his father's website, it would be wise of him to go to NA.

He's a very smart, smooth player for such a young player at his size. He did not seem overly skilled and puck savvy. I could see him drop next year.

Its not so easy to go to NA. Czech hockey has another rule. I dont know the details, but it has to do with U18 and U20 national team. They have to sing some contract, if they want to play in WJC or WJC U18. Someone from Czech could us explain this.

I see him more in Sweden.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
THN blogged about Zacha today, with one scout noting:
“He’s a big, strong, powerful winger,†said one NHL scout. “Really good skater, too. He’s fast and he shoots the puck.â€
As for coming over to NA, the blog expects Zacha to follow in Hertl's shoes:
While the race to get Zacha over to North American shores will be a feverish one when the CHL Import Draft determines major junior destinations for Euros in the summer, Zacha signed a three-year contract with Liberec this season, so his path will most likely mirror that of Hertl, who came over to San Jose this season as more or less a finished product from the Slavia Prague squad. “Everybody says it’s the best way in the Czech Republic,†he said. “I like Hertl because he did the same.â€

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
WRT Hertl, I watched an interview with Zacha, who listed Hertl as a good example of how a Czech player can succeed in the NHL without playing in any non-NHL NA league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad