Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
In general, Albertans are friendly af from my experience. Just a good reminder that the minority on HF don't represent the majority.
Honestly, I’ve actually had really nice conversations with Oilers fans on their message board, which is kind of funny.

It’s just some of them outside of their boards, drive me bonkers.

You’re completely right though, I don’t think I’ve met an angry or rude person from Edmonton, when we went there, they were fantastic.👍

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Honestly, I’ve actually had really nice conversations with Oilers fans on their message board, which is kind of funny.

It’s just some of them outside of their boards, drive me bonkers.

You’re completely right though, I don’t think I’ve met an angry or rude person from Edmonton, when we went there, they were fantastic.👍

LB are you a spy???

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
LB are you a spy???

cmzbdP.gif

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Oilers have a cakewalk to the WCF. I will likely bet their series price -1.5, -2.5, and sweep, regardless of opponent next round.

They will get bashed in by Dallas or Colorado though. Those are actually elite teams.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
In general, Albertans are friendly af from my experience. Just a good reminder that the minority on HF don't represent the majority.
Whatever happened to there are no easy first round playoff series. 5 out of 8 series in the first round didn't make it past game 5. Seems pretty easy I'd say.

Oilers have a cakewalk to the WCF. I will likely bet their series price -1.5, -2.5, and sweep, regardless of opponent next round.

They will get bashed in by Dallas or Colorado though. Those are actually elite teams.
if/when the Canucks make the 2nd round, they will need to play in desperation every moment of every game to compete with the other teams.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If anything these playoffs have shown me that their unpredictability make any big declarations useless.

Whether or not you saw the Canucks leading this series I bet nobody saw it going the way it has to get there, ie low scoring, Saros hasn't been that great etc.

If we make it through Nashville and face Edmonton I'm ready to be surprised again (hopefully in a good way lol.)

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
If anything these playoffs have shown me that their unpredictability make any big declarations useless.

Whether or not you saw the Canucks leading this series I bet nobody saw it going the way it has to get there, ie low scoring, Saros hasn't been that great etc.

If we make it through Nashville and face Edmonton I'm ready to be surprised again (hopefully in a good way lol.)
The Canucks post deadline were one of the lowest goals against in the league and scoring dried up quite a bit. Nashville by no means is an offensive juggernaut, was scoring at 27% on PP on their heater, has also dried up to 10% so far.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I am really surprised with Dallas making this crazy comeback, I really truly thought they’re not built for the playoffs, even though I still rate them pretty highly.

Pretty impressive honestly

I was more surprised they went down 2-0. Outside of being a blatant homer for our Canucks, I thought they were the toughest, most complete team in the West. They still have the longest mile to go, but I’m not surprised they’ve stormed back to bring this series to the brink.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
When I go to my summer house in Sicamous, we get a late more hate with our “red plates” than Albert and give to BCers. Majority of fans are alright to talk to, it’s the bandwagon fans who keep holding onto the Gretzky days that ruin it.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I am really surprised with Dallas making this crazy comeback, I really truly thought they’re not built for the playoffs, even though I still rate them pretty highly.

Pretty impressive honestly
The Stars are my hipster pick for the Cup. Very deep team with lots of experience scattered around the roster, young players playing above their station and an actual goalie. You just worry that they're kinda soft which was a reason why they fell into a 2-0 hole, but in 2024 if you can play uptempo that doesn't matter as much as it used to.

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad