C/LW Anton Lundell - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What are you talking about? Have you even seen his goals? Are you sure your'e talking about the right player?

What's your problem with peoples who aren't high about Lundell ?
There clearly is good reasons why Lundell is expected to go outside of TOP10.
As a HIFK fan even i'm not high on Lundell and yes i'm seen him playing ( if you wanna know).

And in my opinion he's potential bust because he lacks high end skill, skating and offensive upside
Lundell isn't special player and if you can't deal with different opinions that's your problem.
Have a nice midsummer to you.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Yes, I have seen all his goals. Why do you assume when someone doesn't agree with you that they've not watched him play? His hardest shot as listed on Liiga website is 132.7km/h, that's a muffin. Even Leevi Aaltonen registered a harder shot and his shot's a notorious muffin.
I dont know if thats a great measurement. Fans of Lundell aren't talking about his slapshot which is essentially what you're measuring if you're talking top speed

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I dont know if thats a great measurement. Fans of Lundell aren't talking about his slapshot which is essentially what you're measuring if you're talking top speed
Because the only thing I said in my post is top speed, indeed. Not like I just used that as a reinforcement and made completely different primary points. Congratulations on the success in reading comprehension.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
From what I've seen I'm not sure if Lundell even knows what a slapshot is.

I always thought that he was the best player on his line in the U20s (Looked a lot more comfortable than Kakko on the small ice), which makes me hopeful that his transition to the small ice is an easy one.

I think he's almost certainly going to be an NHLer, but what kind is a bit difficult to project.

Last edited:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Because the only thing I said in my post is top speed, indeed. Not like I just used that as a reinforcement and made completely different primary points. Congratulations on the success in reading comprehension.

Wheres the eye roll emoji?

I didn't even disagree with your overall argument. All I said is that top speed is a lousy metric to try to "reinforce " your point.

If you didn't understand that, you might want to point your reading comprehension statements towards the nearest mirror.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Lundell’s got a chance to be an absolute stud. His skating definitely isn’t a strength, but it looks pro average to me, so I think his brain will allow him to exce without great skating. I think if he can develop his playmaking that he will be a great player.

Reactions: HzH

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
You do realise that Lundell played on the 3rd line and not even a full season right? He played defensive game and the Liiga is like 40 something games a season? What you use as justifiction for him being bad is just hilarious. I will enjoy seeing you eat your words on this thread nomore when Lundell breaks out in the NHL, not that it is any guarantee, but what your'e saying is kinda premature judgement on a little kid who you seem to know so little about in the first place, idk if you've ever actually watched him play, it doesn't seem like it.
Obviously you don’t understand the concept of a nice player either, otherwise you wouldn’t be putting words in my mouth. So without those PP minutes go get him half his goal total, & 15 minutes a night he projects out to be even worse.

If his shot is “elite” and “lethal”, what is Laine’s?

Beyond human?

Supexcaligfraxic?

Kopitar scored at a rate in J20 his draft year that would have him a tier above those of Lucas Raymond, whom some clowns think is a 3-5 talent.

Lundell is nowhere near Kopitar.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kopitar scored at a rate in J20 his draft year that would have him a tier above those of Lucas Raymond, whom some clowns think is a 3-5 talent.

Lundell is having a better season in his draft year than Kopitar had in his D+1 year, while playing in a better league. With Lundell being an early birthday and Kopitar being a late birthday, it's fair to compare those 2 seasons though.

Kopitar in 2005-06 wasn't better than Lundell in 2019-20.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Obviously you don’t understand the concept of a nice player either, otherwise you wouldn’t be putting words in my mouth. So without those PP minutes go get him half his goal total, & 15 minutes a night he projects out to be even worse.

Beyond human?

Supexcaligfraxic?

I thought limited icetime was a big problem for you but now you complain about "too much" ice time? Whatever fits your argument..

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lundell is having a better season in his draft year than Kopitar had in his D+1 year, while playing in a better league. With Lundell being an early birthday and Kopitar being a late birthday, it's fair to compare those 2 seasons though.

Kopitar in 2005-06 wasn't better than Lundell in 2019-20.
What? Kopitar in his D+1 year played in the SHL(SEL back then). Or are you saying Kopitar played in a better league to justify Lundell being better? What is this post?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What? Kopitar in his D+1 year played in the SHL(SEL back then). Or are you saying Kopitar played in a better league to justify Lundell being better? What is this post?

Oh damn. I forgot Sodertalje played SHL that year. Sorry. Thought they were in Allsvenskan.

My point still stands. Lundell in 2019-20 is having a better season than Kopitar in 2005-06. To flatout disregard any comparison to Kopitar, just because Kopitar had a stellar development and turned into a world class 2-way center, doesn't make sense. I don't compare draft eligible prospects to players in their mid 20s. I compare them to prospects at the same age. Kopitar then and Lundell now are good comparables

Last edited:

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki

This guy knows what he's talking about, too many on these forums value flashyness over everything, Lundell has a absolute laser of a snapshot, and add to that his hockey IQ and defensive capabilities, he gonna be a stud and i'm sure of it.

And to whoever edited the highlights video, what the hell did i just watch? The cuts "synced" with the music made me think my PC lagged, unwatchable.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Future Sabre Anton Lundell

I really like Lundell or Rossi to Buffalo. Lundell gives them another good C option to pair with Eichel and Cozens while Rossi provides a ton of scoring potential and could be lethal on the same PP as Eichel, maybe even on his wing eventually.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lundell is made for the Wild, if he lasts that long. With the talented young wingers they have coming up, he can be the one defensively responsible player on a line. I can see Kaprizov, Fiala, and Lundell being a 1st line(though i am making a lot if assumptions here).

Perhaps in years to come Zary, or Foerster will turn out to be better offensively. I think Lundell has a higher floor, and the Wild simply can't afford to whiff on this pick...they must have a C that can play in the NHL with a couple of years! They do not need another clever, smallish winger.

BUF could use Lundell too, but is Lundell better than Cozens? I think not. They should use their pick on the BPA, or at least BFA. Take the best forward there. If they think it's Lundell, then take him, but if one of the Swedes is around, or Perfetti/Rossi, then you go for him.

MTL ...if Sanderson is there then you take him, or nab a really talented scoring wing if he happens to fall. They are swimming in high floor, low ceiling C's. They don't need another.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I still am dumbfounded how people can say he has no offensive upside lol, NHL calibre shot, check. Hockey IQ, check. Good passing, check. And to be fair, his skating isn't maybe as bad as some say even. And the list goes on, this one i am confident will be a stud.

Lundell is a player people be sleepin on and to be honest i'm having a hard time believing his skating is the only reason, because that's the only reason i can find, maybe his way of not being as "flashy" but to me, his way of being flashy is his finesse with shooting beautiful snipes and doing creative plays etc. If Lundell busts i will litterally eat a gluestick, thats how confident i am, he also possibly possesses the best defensive game in the draft of all forwards. So i mean there is much to like, he could get drafted higher than some may expect idk.

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I still am dumbfounded how people can say he has no offensive upside lol, NHL calibre shot, check. Hockey IQ, check. Good passing, check. And to be fair, his skating isn't maybe as bad as some say even. And the list goes on, this one i am confident will be a stud.

Lundell is a player people be sleepin on and to be honest i'm having a hard time believing his skating is the only reason, because that's the only reason i can find, maybe his way of not being as "flashy" but to me, his way of being flashy is his finesse with shooting beautiful snipes and doing creative plays etc. If Lundell busts i will litterally eat a gluestick, thats how confident i am, he also possibly possesses the best defensive game in the draft of all forwards. So i mean there is much to like, he could get drafted higher than some may expect idk.
Who cares? He'll get picked and he'll play in the NHL. Whether someone sleeps on him or not is irrelevant.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Oh damn. I forgot Sodertalje played SHL that year. Sorry. Thought they were in Allsvenskan.

My point still stands. Lundell in 2019-20 is having a better season than Kopitar in 2005-06. To flatout disregard any comparison to Kopitar, just because Kopitar had a stellar development and turned into a world class 2-way center, doesn't make sense. I don't compare draft eligible prospects to players in their mid 20s. I compare them to prospects at the same age. Kopitar then and Lundell now are good comparables

No, Kopitar was certainly better at 19 han Lundell at 18. He killed it at WC at was best player on Sodertalje, which if I remember correctly was terrible.

Doesn't mean Lundell is bad at all though

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
No, Kopitar was certainly better at 19 han Lundell at 18. He killed it at WC at was best player on Sodertalje, which if I remember correctly was terrible.

Doesn't mean Lundell is bad at all though
How does that make any sense?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Beyond human?

Supexcaligfraxic?

Emm, Kopitar was a J20 player, while Raymond is an SHL player, and Raymonds season at 17 is not that far off from Kopitar at 18. Kopitar had one of the best statistically years as an 18 y.o in J20, Raymond had he best J20 season as 17 y.o. or one of he best if we count PPG.

Thing is, best 18 y.o are just not in J20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad